Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

Converted my Metalcloak 2.5" Overland Elite w/Rocksport shocks into a Metalcloak 2.5" Gamechanger lift today by adding all 8 control arms, moving the sway bar back up to where its factory position is, adding the longer rear sway bar link and extending the rear brake lines. It drove great before, but now it drives awesome. Can't wait to see how well it will flex now that I'm rid of the factory arms and now have the Duroflex bushings.

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Raptor lined the rocker panels of the Yukon. Paint was wearing through and starting to rust. Sanded her down, and sprayed her. Maches the black so well you almost can even tell.

The trailer got an up graded battery as well. AGM sealed and designed for solar useage, should get some good power out of this one.IMG_20180630_074545304_HDR.jpegIMG_20180630_074558417.jpegIMG_20180630_095502661_HDR.jpegIMG_20180630_113351754_HDR.jpeg

OB# 3805

Aaron Niemi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

FRAC?
I am seriously considering doing one of those for my tundra. How do you like it?
I think it's great so far... I can get a lot closer in my garage without bashing my license plate :) I'm still waiting to see how well it works on the trail but I feel like any added visibility is a bonus.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
It's not what I did to my Rig today but what I did FOR my Rig today.
I finally ordered the Slimline front bumper with lights and winch, Rocksliders, and the new TrailGater bumper. All from SSO.
The sad part is now the waiting. [emoji849][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: David S

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Installed the second dashcam 20180703_191120.jpg

And broke the passengerside mirror when I accidentally backed into a tree.. (a replacement one will arrive soon)

20180703_214546.jpg

Reactions: NightCrawler

craigR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mt Dora, FL
Member #

^^^ Nice Joey! Pretty sure I picked up a few today myself, but it was raining when I got home, so didn't bother looking. Price of exploring and having fun.

Took a quick Independence Day run with my daughter through Ocala National Forest while Mom and brother took a nap. We spotted seven deer and had a great time, as usual. Sorry, didn't take a single pic.

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Worked on my Autohome Maggiolina Airlander roof top tent to fix a few things before vacation next month.

Video shot with my new Google Pixel 2 Android phone.

Shoe holder is a great idea. We usually stick our shoes in a bag and take them in the Maggi. Got to check that out.

Reactions: Corey

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Shoe holder is a great idea. We usually stick our shoes in a bag and take them in the Maggi. Got to check that out.

I have used a cinch bag/stuff sack before and kept it in the tent, but it is just one more item besides the duffel bags to get in the way.
I think I will like the shoe holder, but I am going to have to modify it to stay closed at the top.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Today I loaded up the rig some more for vacation next month, not much left to load really, just the dry food box, stove, solar panel, dufflebag, and load the fridge and freezer.

Also tested out my Overland Solar 120 watt solar panel I bought after Christmas, and I am very impressed with it.
It is overcast here, and it had my auxiliary Optima Redtop battery up to 14.3-4v in no time from around 12.5v.
His panels are famous for gathering in more usable sunlight.

Vacation is getting close, cannot wait to get out for a whole week and test out a lot of new gear since my vacation last year.