Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turner's Station ky
First Name
CHRIS
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Can you possibly remove the emblems and attach over the armor?
Really looks good but doesn't much to protect the fenders, guess you will have to rely on the tires for that as they seem to stick out a bit past the fenders.
You can trim them, just takes some work ran out of time and it started raining.

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

KiltedMedic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turner's Station ky
First Name
CHRIS
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Those fenders will be gone with the first street bump he goes over above 25mph. There is practically no clearance under the fenders with those tires. I hope he does not plan to offroad like that..
Not a crawler, been in the mud and trail already. Does just fine for now due a lift and new tires and such in a couple of months on going build. As for current clearence considering I have to drive it daily for everything and not a designated off road rig I do have to be careful but that's part of a continuing build. The rims and tires were on it when I bought it so I have to live with it until I can move forward. Again All a process. But thanks for the comments.

Reactions: David S

KiltedMedic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turner's Station ky
First Name
CHRIS
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Can you possibly remove the emblems and attach over the armor?
Really looks good but doesn't much to protect the fenders, guess you will have to rely on the tires for that as they seem to stick out a bit past the fenders.
As for the fenders once I upgrade to higher trail fenders and re gear for 37's I will not have fender problems, but if I tear one up just means trail fenders sooner.

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Not a crawler, been in the mud and trail already. Does just fine for now due a lift and new tires and such in a couple of months on going build. As for current clearence considering I have to drive it daily for everything and not a designated off road rig I do have to be careful but that's part of a continuing build. The rims and tires were on it when I bought it so I have to live with it until I can move forward. Again All a process. But thanks for the comments.

Well, it's all good if you know what you're doing.
I am seeing way too many people in the city with bigger tires and barely an inch under the fender. Dunno where they're getting advice from..

KiltedMedic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turner's Station ky
First Name
CHRIS
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Well, it's all good if you know what you're doing.
I am seeing way too many people in the city with bigger tires and barely an inch under the fender. Dunno where they're getting advice from..
I agree, there a lot of pavement princess out there . I appreciate all advice and feel you can always learn something from everyone.

Aaron Niemi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

I finally got around to installing a front camera in my taco so I can see over the hood when coming over a rise. I bought a wiring harness from a guy on the TW forum which made it so I can switch between the rear and front camera via a button and can turn either cam on anytime. I recommend this mod for any newer taco owners I think it'll work with 2014 and up.
-Aaron

Reactions: Russell Peters

KaneNorth

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hudson's Hope British Columbia
First Name
Brody
Last Name
Kane
Member #

Got my rhino rack assembled and installed this week. I have to admit drilling through the hardtop was a bit stressful, but everything went fairly well. A couple small pieces of crossmember hardware were missing, luckily I was able to find some hardware at work that work. I also made minor adjustments with a hacksaw to a few of the plastic parts of the mounting legs to make them fit properly but overall everything worked out in the end and the instructions were easy to follow.
ImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1530137997.255804.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

craigR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mt Dora, FL
Member #

A buddy and I installed my lift today. Didn't want to do a full system just yet, as I've not been limited by the stock suspension performance, but wanted a bit more ground clearance. The on-road behavior has greatly improved, with far less body roll in turns and nosediving in braking. Happy with it for sure.

Also loosened the RCI sliders and pushed them up as far as they'd go on both sides. They look much better now.

Front - Toytec 112-620 springs and TT TP14 1/4" spacer on drivers side.
Rear - Wheeler's T13 springs and 1/2" Cornfed spacer drivers side.

Last edited:

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

I finally got around to installing a front camera in my taco so I can see over the hood when coming over a rise. I bought a wiring harness from a guy on the TW forum which made it so I can switch between the rear and front camera via a button and can turn either cam on anytime. I recommend this mod for any newer taco owners I think it'll work with 2014 and up.
-Aaron
FRAC?
I am seriously considering doing one of those for my tundra. How do you like it?