Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Replaced the master cylinder and bled out what I believe was the original brake fluid in my 89 Bronco.
Been there done that...I swear the previous owner wasn't a car guy. None of the fluids were close to original colors or smell. I sleep better at night knowing its maintained better now and my rig loves me for it!

Last edited:

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
To, nothing super special, replaced the old strap I had holding my battery in with the correct hold down. I also started putting the stereo in.

For, I ordered new bombproof motor mounts, polyurethane transmission mount, and a new torque arm with bushings. All apparently long overdue.

Reactions: Beee

TonyC

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rochester, NY
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Correa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2PTJ
Service Branch
USAF, National Guard

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Used these for the first time since buying them over a year ago. Funny, I was just thinking the other day that they are wasting valuable roof rack space and I was also wondering if the sun beating on them is ruining them. It took me longer to remove them from my roof tie down system than to actually self recover from the mud.

traction plates
by e j, on Flickr

I had made an attempt to rescue another rig out of the mud here. They showed up into the area I was camping at, and promptly headed for the mud and were stuck within seconds. My tracks are to the drivers side of the white pickup truck in the photo below. The truck couldn't pull the Jeep out either - two other vehicles came by and managed to get this other person free.

another attempt at getting unstuck
by e j, on Flickr