Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

We go out to 1000 yds with our bolt guns

View attachment 35313
That's great! I'd love to shoot that far. Haven't taken a shot over 200 yards since I got out of the military in '97. I'm in Illinois and I think the longest I could shoot around here is 300 yards at a private club over an hour away with a hefty annual membership due. Time, driving distance, and the cost of long range ammo on top of the range dues doesn't cut it. Keep coming up with reasons why I should leave this state and move out west!

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
I added loom to the engine bay to pretty much finalize the under hood wiring project. It's a whole lot less than what was there before, and it definitely cleans it up. I need to find some way to attach the loom to the firewall and fender liners, but this is pretty much the way it's been since I bought it, so it'll come after some other more important fixes and upgrades.

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Did some maintenance on the Rover today. Cleaned the mass air flow sensor, throttle body and EGR valve. Got an engine light code on the EGR, anyone know if it will reset or if I have to take it to the dealer anyway? Also decided to put my member number on the cargo basket. Was going to put it on the windows, but thought they'd eventually peel off due to scraping for ice and snow all winter.

Get yourself an ODB2 Bluetooth reader, cheap, will reset your codes from your phone.

OB#3799

Reactions: Rover7284

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Me and my Overland Vehicle that pays for my real overland vehicle (which is sitting in my driveway), traveled 584 miles today, from Walton, KY to Waterloo, NY.

Get empty here going to reload In Follansbee, WV, and take a scenic ride down to Alpharetta, GA.

Overland Bound Member #6080
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Digging into the under carriage. Lubing the lubrication points, and noting the things that need to be fixed / replaced. Looks like I need some bushings.

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Remington 700 .308. Not the best round for that, but I was 3 out of 5 at 1200 yds after I figured out the holdover. Ended up being something like 52 MOA elevetaion.

View attachment 35376
1200 yards with a .308 is pretty good if you can still reach out and knock on the door at that distance! 52 MOA, that's a lot of clicks on the elevation! At distances like that the optic is the most important part of the rifle. What do you have mounted?

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app