Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Lat night I received my new grill mount park/turn lights, so I got them wired up and working. After that I rigged my hatch latch cable so it seems to work again. I then threw the seats back in so I can move it to power wash it and then give my daughter her first lesson in driving a manual transmission. Good times! I'm hoping that'll be what I did with my rig today :smile:.

Reactions: Beee and TerryD

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

Thanks to Wes and Tod at Hiker Trailer today for adding a few extra horsepower to the trailer with some new decals.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jimmy P

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

Picked a couple of spots on Google maps that looked like promising trails. The first one was severely grown over and I added to my pinstripe collection :coldsweat::fearscream::persevere::tired: The second proved more fruitful and less stripy. Lesson learned, never trust Google maps :laughing:

20170923_140441.jpg20170923_140350.jpg

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Reactions: Cort

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
I had Dometic 50 on my amazon wish list then i came across a lightly used Whynter 45 slim fridge. Got the price down to $350 so i went for it. Looks like i need to hardwire it since the aux outlet at back of the jeep is weak sauce. So far it has been workibg great just hoping it won't bite me for cheapening out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
I had Dometic 50 on my amazon wish list then i came across a lightly used Whynter 45 slim fridge. Got the price down to $350 so i went for it. Looks like i need to hardwire it since the aux outlet at back of the jeep is weak sauce. So far it has been workibg great just hoping it won't bite me for cheapening out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I did the same thing a year and a half ago. It's been a good fridge so far. It's amazing how expensive the cooler size freezers are when you can get a full size fridge for your house for less.....it's the same technology.

OB# 3805

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Can you point me in the direction of those tool hold down / mount straps? They seem like they'd be pretty useful when it comes to getting and staying organized.
They are called Quick Fists. They have 2 sizes so watch out for that. Here's an Amazon link since it's my go to site, lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CQPANY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506283710&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=quick++fist&dpPl=1&dpID=41mQlgTaV8L&ref=plSrch

OB# 3805

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Can you point me in the direction of those tool hold down / mount straps? They seem like they'd be pretty useful when it comes to getting and staying organized.
I found those mounts on eBay for about 10 bucks, well worth it. Quick Fist is the brand.

OB#3799

Last edited:

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I found those mounts on eBay for about 10 bucks, well worth it. Quick Fist is the brand.

OB#3799
Everyone beat me to it, there are 4 sizes that I know of so watch what you order. I have the fire extinguisher in the largest I case I want to replace it with something larger.

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
They are called Quick Fists. They have 2 sizes so watch out for that. Here's an Amazon link since it's my go to site, lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CQPANY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506283710&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=quick++fist&dpPl=1&dpID=41mQlgTaV8L&ref=plSrch

OB# 3805

OB#3799
Everyone beat me to it, there are 4 sizes that I know of so watch what you order. I have the fire extinguisher in the largest I case I want to replace it with something larger.
Gotta give you all thanks! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: MS_Disco and Cort

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

1) Took out the “60” of my 40/60 backseat. Built a platform for the fridge, bolting it down with the mounting bolts for the seat. Re-routed electrics.
2) Made a table for the swing away tailgate.
3) My Trasharoo got delivered today! Had to put that on too

Attachments

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Headed out to the desert to verify zero on a few rifles. Cutting across some BLM land and I got my trailer up on one wheel reminding me why I want to keep the CG as low as possible.

View attachment 35275
I envy you being close to BLM land, best we have around here are some controlled-fire ranges up to 100 yards. Love to get out west to use my ARs for what they were designed for!

Reactions: Sonarman

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Did some maintenance on the Rover today. Cleaned the mass air flow sensor, throttle body and EGR valve. Got an engine light code on the EGR, anyone know if it will reset or if I have to take it to the dealer anyway? Also decided to put my member number on the cargo basket. Was going to put it on the windows, but thought they'd eventually peel off due to scraping for ice and snow all winter.

Reactions: k9sar and Jimmy P