What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

wrath0r

Rank 0

Traveler I

What size did you go with? I so badly want to replace my 3.21s. They do fine with my on the highway and pulling the Supra Sunsport, but when I go up to 35s, I'm sure they will be just aweful. What was your total cost on the upgrade?
I went with 4.10. I maintain a pretty lightweight Jeep and my adventures are solo. I run 33s, and if I do go to a "35" it won't be a true 35 but instead one that measures in the 33"-34" range. I bought a set of gears from Nitro, including a master install set, and a new carrier for my front differential as the new gears needed it. The labor ran $1000 even, and the gears and carrier ran $800. I have heard excellent things about Yukon's gears, but they don't make 4.10s.

Assuming you're running a JK, here are a couple of charts that may help you. The tire sizes listed here are the measured size, not the advertised size. These charts are also just guidelines. If you're hauling a heavy load, like the trailer, you might want to err on the side of performance. I hope this helps!

3.8-jkgearing.jpg jk_ratio-chart-12.jpg

robrtsmtn

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aztec, NM
Member #

T
Sad day as i unpacked my rig. I had pack it up to go on a fishing trip up in the Sierra's this weekend to wake up throwing up from the flu. Been laying in bed or on the couch all day
Take care of yourself, and get back to that fishing trip soon.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Honestly I didn’t know that thing existed! Yes the one I have is huge and it was my first time using any anderson style plug. I also thought it was way too big but also thought it was only one size. Appreciate the link- going to replace it ASAP.
No worries. Good things to know. I use anderson not just at home but at work. We have a few of the large 350A plugs for some battery bank disconnects on some vehicles we use. A few things that some do not know about the larger andersons is that once you move above the 45A standard (which uses the same connector bodies as the 15 and 30A) the colors are specific and usually keyed so that you must keep the same connectors through out.

Also if not use to working with them, google "anderson races configuration" to make sure you orient the red and black properly for future use. There are alot of youtube videos, and info available. This is just a quick primer....
http://www.qsl.net/w2vtm/powerpole.html

For the source (vehicle) go with the largest 45A so incase yo use it for something else later you can without worry. The fridge typically draws less than 7A but usually have a 16AWG wire so the 30A is easier to crimp properly. Just keep your orientation the same so you never have a problem.

Attached a link to my post here about my setup and some of the stuff I have done, but once you get everything setup on anderson's your preps will be much easier.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/arb-fridge-install.8047/page-4

Reactions: GXnGS

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Lake Easton State (WA) Park this weekend to camp, fly drones and hang out....was a FANTASTIC time and pretty good weather - other than the smoke!!
I use to camp there back in the early 90s with my tent trailer when my sons were young.
That is a nice state park.

Reactions: NetDep

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
I conquered the fixing of the vast majority of my stock lighting circuits. It's been a long row to hoe, but I'm getting there. Good times!

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Installed on the 04 Grand Cherokee Overland, Rigid Fog Lights using the 4x4 Fabworks brackets. This is my girls trail truck build. I think I may want to do one for me... I had to disconnect the OEM fogs because they rubbed on the 32 inch tires. Great upgrade. It is amazing how much more confident you can be when you can see

rzims

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Sims
20170911_143827.jpg 20170916_102521.jpg 20170910_154016_001.jpg 20170910_160244.jpg
I got to spend last week camping my way up Hwy 395 in the Eastern Sierras.
Truck is now filthy inside and out and picked up some racing stripes...will spend a couple of evenings this week trying to make her pretty again

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Nothing spectacular, just a little troubleshooting. I found my turn signal switch is flaky, and was causing my lack of brake lights and rear hazards. Good times! :smile:

squishware

Rank III

Advocate II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
batman
Last Name
jones
Changed front and rear differential fluid. I repaired a break in the rear vent line as well. It is to the underside of the bed from the factory, Nice. I need to find the front line.

I thought she was SEXY on the outside...

Last edited:

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
A few hours late, but I got my brake and rear hazards working again. The turn signal switch is acting up. I thought I was going to have to replace it, but it seems like I may be able to work it a bit and get it to clean up. We'll see.

robrtsmtn

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aztec, NM
Member #

got the track bar back under it yesterday. Alignment and tire rotation today. I'm very happy with that. Still have a lunch box locker to put in the rear diff. and a set of JCR rock sliders to put on, but I may have to make one more trip to the high country before it snows in before I get them on.