What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Swapped fan for a Chevy Astro fan and clutch, sounds like a turbine under the hood now, tight fit, moves a whole lot more air. IMG_20170505_183514.jpg

OB#3799

Reactions: Zargon

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Picked up the Yellow Top I've been ogling for awhile. Pep Boys has a 25% off promo right now which took the total down to $192 for the 34/78 model with top and side terminals.

I'd installed the battery mount a few weeks back and the dual battery kit delivers tomorrow from Amazon. Funny enough the cover still fits right over the battery so I may keep using it. So the next few days should be interesting as I do my first dual battery wiring install.

I also replaced the worn out struts for the hood which kept falling randomly. Now you really need to pull down to get the hood closed which is perfect. Thank you liftsupportdepot.com

View attachment 22895 View attachment 22896 View attachment 22897 View attachment 22898
Which tray/mount is this? I've been considering the Off grid engineering kit. It's just so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Which tray/mount is this? I've been considering the Off grid engineering kit. It's just so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
It's from Trail Gear http://www.trail-gear.com/product/5115/battery-box-kit-single-diehard#.WQ3fzoFlCaM and was a whopping $39. Can't beat that. I did snap a few more pics of the way I mounted it last night. You can see the leftover piece of alum extrusion I used to compensate for the shape of the wheel well. Then it's only mounted on the front 3 bolts.

IMG_1676.JPG IMG_1675.JPG

Reactions: MagnoliaOverland

Ric

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Walnut creek, ca
Member #

So today I started on the truck. It's a 1993 f150 extended cab short bed, I just picked up from the original owner with 67,000 miles. It's cherry.
I installed the Smitty built 5x7 defender roof rack, installed the spare 33 12.50x15 on it and the duel 4 foot firestik CB antenna.
The rear lift is complete with the new 33 and mt rims.
The front suspension is torn down, and all the new brackets are installed.
Tomarrow I will install the front axle and suspension, and Monday I will have it aligned.
It the pro comp 4inch stage 2 lift
I'll post pics when it's done.
Ric

Reactions: Kelly

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

No more NOISE!!!!!

New leafs (alcan 2.5", +600lb), shackels (PRG), installed the grease-able SPC ball joints. The noise was coming from leafs, but my god, this is like driving a new truck.... I love it. I'm sitting about a inch higher than before, so after settling it will be close to where it was (OME HD pack, mid hole on Nisstec shackle), I will take rider height difference photo later, but a storm just rolled in, but let me tell you what a relief it is to get the dam OME out from under this truck. I still have 2 holes left on the shackle incase I want to increase height, but Im fine with it currently, just nice to increase height later.

Now I need to install the rock lights and Im debating a body lift....

Currently I am going to sit back, watch a movie, drink some Jim Beam and Coke and rest my arms... This is the second time swapping the rear leafs by myself, not hard, but defiantly not easy either with a 1 man job.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Installed Cognito Endlinks, Rare Parts HD tie rods and had it aligned. Really love this upgrade no more worring about bent tie rods!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited: