Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Has anybody done anything with a 80's model s10 blazer? I had 2 of them an 86 and 88 and both were kinda 3rd gen 4runner wannabe's and way under powered.. I never had a 4.3 mine were 2,8's and not worth a flip on power.
What are you wanting to do with it? The 4.3 conversion is by far the best way to wake it up
Second to an SBC swap...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I found a 5.0L out of a 1991 F-150 with 140k on the odometer for $500.00... bought it and it will be delivered on the 1st of September. now looking for a shop to do my motor and transmission swap for me. Or a hoist.
Very happy you found s good deal. It's hell not having a place to work on your rig isn't it !

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Very happy you found s good deal. It's hell not having a place to work on your rig isn't it !
Yes it is... I’ve been trying to secure a shop for a few months now for my transmission swap, so... I guess do both at once.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yes it is... I’ve been trying to secure a shop for a few months now for my transmission swap, so... I guess do both at once.
In small towns you may be able to rent a large storage that will let you do your personal repairs as long as you dont disturb other renters and you keep your stuff inside at night and keep a neat house. I would love to build a car ramp from some scrap 10" + channel iron and angle iron from a scrap iron dealer. Something with an axle under the high end so it could be moved from place to place like a trailer.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
In small towns you may be able to rent a large storage that will let you do your personal repairs as long as you dont disturb other renters and you keep your stuff inside at night and keep a neat house. I would love to build a car ramp from some scrap 10" + channel iron and angle iron from a scrap iron dealer. Something with an axle under the high end so it could be moved from place to place like a trailer.
I’ve been looking into this option as well... there is a private shop where I store my boat... I need to go pay the rent tomorrow on it so I will ask if I can barrow the shop. If not i will bite the bullet and have the shop do it. I would almost rather pay some one to do it at this point to keep me sane for 1. And for 2 my body isn’t handling this motor work very well. I retired from this exact line of work 6 years ago for this very reason.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I’ve been looking into this option as well... there is a private shop where I store my boat... I need to go pay the rent tomorrow on it so I will ask if I can barrow the shop. If not i will bite the bullet and have the shop do it. I would almost rather pay some one to do it at this point to keep me sane for 1. And for 2 my body isn’t handling this motor work very well. I retired from this exact line of work 6 years ago for this very reason.
I was wondering about that aspect. Ambition only goes so far and then runs into walls. In both our cases, health.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Camped at Dog Lake last night. Smokey, decided to head home unless we find clean air somewhere. Lunch outside of Susanville now. Huge fire next to town. Have not seen the sun for 300 miles. We will see what Reno looks like. Oh yeah, new radiator now leaking at the tank seem. Still fighting bad parts.

Attachments

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Home safe after 12 hour drive from Oregon. Smoke 11 hours of that. Radiator tank drip sealed when fully heat soaked, didn't have to add any water.
WJ smells like forest fire. Avoid Hwy 395 between Reno and Oregon if you can. Had to use fog lights on California interstate 5 pretty much from below Lodi to Pacheco pass due to heavy smoke. Thankfully can see stars at home right now, first time in days.
Stay safe out there!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Camped at Dog Lake last night. Smokey, decided to head home unless we find clean air somewhere. Lunch outside of Susanville now. Huge fire next to town. Have not seen the sun for 300 miles. We will see what Reno looks like. Oh yeah, new radiator now leaking at the tank seem. Still fighting bad parts.
Ugg, I hate smoke !
Attempted to pop a quarter panel out. Dang gas tank is in the way and full.
What happened ?

South_Puget_Sound_OL

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roy, WA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pinick
Member #

Ugg, I hate smoke !
Attempted to pop a quarter panel out. Dang gas tank is in the way and full.
What happened ?
Bounced off a invisible rock in to a very visible tree.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Bounced off a invisible rock in to a very visible tree.
Someone told me recently that the quarter panels were a bolt on, on Discoveries. I was dumbfounded because he was disassembling
his for resale. I bought all his A & B exterior window pillar trim pieces since mine were either missing or cracked. What is that thing on top of your roof rack that appears to be an air deflector ?