Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I just got the X less than two months ago and have plenty more planned for it. I plan to upgrade the suspension next, then will outfit it with a better front bumper, full skids and a rear bumper with a tire carrier. The build has officially begun ... stay tuned!

CatButt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redondo Beach, Ca
First Name
Rem
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HMC
Service Branch
USMC
Talked (to myself) and researched my house battery/solar/shore setup/needs/wishes. More questions than answers at this point, but ya gotta start somewhere, right?

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Constructed a removable, leveling acrylic cutting board platform for the 50 qt in the Jeep. I am not able to permanently mount the fridge, and Grand Cherokees are not exactly spacious. Fridge is strapped forward, giving easy access to contents behind the rear seat, when needed. Should work well.

Last edited:

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
Don't like working on the truck or just no tools. Most these mods are easily done with a few tools. The snorkel needs a drill but post up pics. also be prepared for the constant points now that you got a snorkel. It's weird how many people think it's exhaust.
No time ... it would take me a month to find the time to do these things ... it was worth it to just get it all done at once.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
The rear Pinion Race basically fell out when Joe went to remove it (it's supposed to be a press fit), plus the housing appeared to be slightly bent, so I took it to a machine shop to have it brought back to spec. AND, since we have it all apart, I ordered the rear adjustable control arms from Rubicon Express (to match the fronts).

IMG_7149.PNG

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

The rear Pinion Race basically fell out when Joe went to remove it (it's supposed to be a press fit), plus the housing appeared to be slightly bent, so I took it to a machine shop to have it brought back to spec. AND, since we have it all apart, I ordered the rear adjustable control arms from Rubicon Express (to match the fronts).

View attachment 24936
Bummer. But good find, now, not in some very remote location later. [emoji482]

Reactions: Kelly

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Out with the old Voyager Sliders (they are good, but rust and dont protect the air compressor or tank, they don't go inward all the way past the frame rails).... and in with the new "Tactical 4x4" LR4 Sliders! (I also continue my quest to clone the @finlayforprez and @gulfstreamchris LR4 rigs.)

They are white because I had them coated by zincnation.com which is some type of aluminized spray metal coating. I will get them powder coated satin black.

Last edited:

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Trying to find out what to do with this trunkspace. 20170531_203137.jpg