What did you do to your full size rig today?

• HTML tutorial

OffRoadIcon

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hesperia, CA, USA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Irizarry
Member #

I’ve seen the term rock lights before, but don’t understand what the use is?
Well if your out on the trail and it gets dark, the lights will light up under your vehicle to allow you/or spotter to see if you have anything that may hit your underside. Also gives you a little ambient light around your vehicle that is not in your face...

Reactions: Sparksalot

Overland H

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, MT, USA
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Halver
Member #

I love it, what rack is that? I have a 1990 Suburban and have not found a rack, so I made my own.
What else have you done to the truck?
I also made my own cargo rack. I have my high lift attached to the other side and my rack service as my spare tire holder. I have a false bed plat for that hinges at my back seat. It sites about 7” tall and I store all my totes for food and kitchen in them. I have more work to do on my camp kitcheN setup. On the interior I installed a dash can and re upholstered the seat and installed heated seat warmers. My rig used to be the old 6.2 diesel but I have since swapped it out for a 12v Cummins and Allison 1000 convention.

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Well if your out on the trail and it gets dark, the lights will light up under your vehicle to allow you/or spotter to see if you have anything that may hit your underside. Also gives you a little ambient light around your vehicle that is not in your face...
Ah, the spotter makes sense!

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I also made my own cargo rack. I have my high lift attached to the other side and my rack service as my spare tire holder. I have a false bed plat for that hinges at my back seat. It sites about 7” tall and I store all my totes for food and kitchen in them. I have more work to do on my camp kitcheN setup. On the interior I installed a dash can and re upholstered the seat and installed heated seat warmers. My rig used to be the old 6.2 diesel but I have since swapped it out for a 12v Cummins and Allison 1000 convention.
I would love to see more. I like what you have done with the platform. I am working on the same thing. I have 3 sheet of plywood in the back right now and I have a loose plan.
My current rack in made out of Structural steel pipe and fittings. I like it because I can just go to Lowe's and get more parts to add to it as I need to. They have a lot of stuff that fits it. Very modular so I can change it as I need to.
I just have the stock TBI 350 and THM400. A CTD swap in only a pipe dream for me right now. Awesome that you were able to do yours, it looks great.
Any more pictures you want to share would be great as I figure out where I am going with my build.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Cleaned the engine bay a little. Before it was all dusty with a bunch of leaves. Got the air blower out and engine degreaser.

IMG_3673.JPG

Reactions: eagle_A40

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I ordered up a new set of wheels and tires, going from 20x12 -44 with 305/55/20 to 18x9 -12 with 35/12.5/18

Reactions: RoarinRow