What did you do to your full size rig today?

• HTML tutorial

Cummins_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

Loaded new EFI live tunes, putting down 500 RWHP with the turn of a knob :sunglasses:. New tune also has the truck running more efficiently for the re gear to 4.56 and the 37" tires.

Overland H

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, MT, USA
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Halver
Member #

Loaded new EFI live tunes, putting down 500 RWHP with the turn of a knob :sunglasses:. New tune also has the truck running more efficiently for the re gear to 4.56 and the 37" tires.
What kind of mileage are you seeing with the 4.56 and 37", what RPM range are you sitting at 75MPH?

Cummins_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

What kind of mileage are you seeing with the 4.56 and 37", what RPM range are you sitting at 75MPH?
Haven't been able to drive the truck much but we did 120 miles round trip yesterday. The trucks saying we're avg 15 mpg I think its a little higher since the speedometer is off by 10 MPH at 60 MPH, But at 75 MPH we're turning 2100-2200 rpm

Overland H

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, MT, USA
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Halver
Member #

Those rpm’s are on the high side at 75mph. I’d you consider running a 4.30 gear. I have heard of a few guys running that combo but haven’t seen any real results with that combo.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
No pics, but I’ve tracked down the full extent of the 125 amp cabin power feeder that was cut when my rig was “demilled”. The hacking wasn’t as bad as I imagined and I have all the needed parts to restore it when I want to power a frig or more.

next up is to finish tracking down the rest of the smaller 60 amp feed.

Cummins_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

Those rpm’s are on the high side at 75mph. I’d you consider running a 4.30 gear. I have heard of a few guys running that combo but haven’t seen any real results with that combo.
I did consider putting in 4:30 gears to basically put my effective ratio back to stock which is 3:73 but I wanted an effective ratio of 3:91 or 4:10 so that's the reason for the 4:56's. So far everything I've seen online 2000-2200 at 70-75 is pretty normal for the truck, if it is on stock tires and a stock gear ratio. With 4.56s we more or less hit the mark.