What compressor do you run in your rig?

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

What compressor do you run in your rig? Why? What features do you like about it? How is it hooked up? Is it an on board air setup with a tank? Pics?

A lot of questions, I know. But, it seems like there has been a lot of talk lately about compressors and I would like to see what people are running. I have a ViAir 400p that I run and I am considering converting it to an OBA system (OBA = on board air) I used to run a cheap walmart one, which lasted for like 10 years, It took forever to inflate a tire but did the trick. I just got tired of wasting time so i invested in a good quality one.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Yea, I was obviously joking, as I was the one that mentioned, in the guidelines thread, that established members must never resort to using "do a search, noob!" :smilingimp:

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Yea, I was obviously joking, as I was the one that mentioned, in the guidelines thread, that established members must never resort to using "do a search, noob!" :smilingimp:
I caught the sarcasm :tongueclosed:

Search function has always seemed to be an afterthought for me....:innocent:

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I used to run a pump but for the past 5 years or so have been using a 10 lbs Power Tank. It's not the unlimited source that a pump is and I have to pay to get it refilled but it is so fast for airing back up and you get a lot of air out of that size tank. I'll have to weigh the tank to double check but the last trip I aired all 4 35" tires from around 10 PSI back up to 40 3 times each and the take still feels about half full.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

^^^ Agreed. I have mine mounted to the interior Garvin rack. Little video below showing how loud it is mounted inside the vehicle. Not really bad at all.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

No, I am not a great behind a sewing machine. They were purchased from Raingler nets. Has a ton of vehicle specific applications, and a lot of universal nets. He can even custom make you what you want. Did a roof net for a TNX forum member for his Dep Hep rack that covered the entire thing. Came out good. The guy who runs the place is a wizard behind a sewing machine.

http://www.raingler.com/#!store/cjg9

Reactions: WUzombies

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

No, I am not a great behind a sewing machine. They were purchased from Raingler nets. Has a ton of vehicle specific applications, and a lot of universal nets. He can even custom make you what you want. Did a roof net for a TNX forum member for his Dep Hep rack that covered the entire thing. Came out good. The guy who runs the place is a wizard behind a sewing machine.

http://www.raingler.com/#!store/cjg9
Thank you!

Maxterra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West Haven, Utah
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Horting
Member #

Got a Viair Ultra 200psi model and 2.5 gal tank under the rear of the vehicle.