What compressor do you run in your rig? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

What compressor do you run in your rig?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

What compressor do you run in your rig? Why? What features do you like about it? How is it hooked up? Is it an on board air setup with a tank? Pics?

A lot of questions, I know. But, it seems like there has been a lot of talk lately about compressors and I would like to see what people are running. I have a ViAir 400p that I run and I am considering converting it to an OBA system (OBA = on board air) I used to run a cheap walmart one, which lasted for like 10 years, It took forever to inflate a tire but did the trick. I just got tired of wasting time so i invested in a good quality one.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500
Adventure
Supporter

Navigator I

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@Steve I'm actually having to run a search myself now! It's easy to forget what we've talked about with all the traffic now!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Member #

Yea, I was obviously joking, as I was the one that mentioned, in the guidelines thread, that established members must never resort to using "do a search, noob!" :smilingimp:

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Yea, I was obviously joking, as I was the one that mentioned, in the guidelines thread, that established members must never resort to using "do a search, noob!" :smilingimp:
I caught the sarcasm :tongueclosed:

Search function has always seemed to be an afterthought for me....:innocent:

MarkW

Rank V

Advocate II

Member #

I used to run a pump but for the past 5 years or so have been using a 10 lbs Power Tank. It's not the unlimited source that a pump is and I have to pay to get it refilled but it is so fast for airing back up and you get a lot of air out of that size tank. I'll have to weigh the tank to double check but the last trip I aired all 4 35" tires from around 10 PSI back up to 40 3 times each and the take still feels about half full.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

^^^ Agreed. I have mine mounted to the interior Garvin rack. Little video below showing how loud it is mounted inside the vehicle. Not really bad at all.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

No, I am not a great behind a sewing machine. They were purchased from Raingler nets. Has a ton of vehicle specific applications, and a lot of universal nets. He can even custom make you what you want. Did a roof net for a TNX forum member for his Dep Hep rack that covered the entire thing. Came out good. The guy who runs the place is a wizard behind a sewing machine.

http://www.raingler.com/#!store/cjg9

Reactions: WUzombies

WUzombies

Rank V
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

No, I am not a great behind a sewing machine. They were purchased from Raingler nets. Has a ton of vehicle specific applications, and a lot of universal nets. He can even custom make you what you want. Did a roof net for a TNX forum member for his Dep Hep rack that covered the entire thing. Came out good. The guy who runs the place is a wizard behind a sewing machine.

http://www.raingler.com/#!store/cjg9
Thank you!