Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Make reservation if you can. We are finding thst a lot of the camp sites in Wyoming and Idaho that take reservation are already full. Unfortunately I will be doing a family thing and some of them have RVs and all the restrictions they bring.

If I could just go by myself, I would just find a nice open hilltop to camp out on and string up the hammock.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: 9Mike2

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

Travel Plans...
Gonna fire off the year with 2 weeks in Canada (for work, unfortunately).
Road trip from Fort Collins, CO to Nogales, AZ in May (2,000 mile round trip!).
Moab for a week in the fall, probably October or so.

Build Plans...
High clearance rear bumper
3" mid-travel lift
On board air
In-dash ham radio w/APRS & tablet for nav
Snorkel

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Mike2

h.leehampton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Myself, wife and service dogs are going into the wild, full time. After the both of us serving in the military and deployed, we are finally ready to get out and see this wonderful land we both have shed blood, sweat, and tears for. I have spent the last year rebuilding a wrecked truck we had purchased fairly cheap. We are mostly new to overlanding as well as this community, but no rookie novice on survival, land nav, or anything outdoors. So time to make our dream a reality and trust in our abilities and know-how to traverse America.

Sent from my SM-G530T using OB Talk mobile app

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Going to hit the Highpoints in Oklahoma and New Mexico, Capulin Volcano, and southern Colorado with the family. 1 week on the motorcycle as a guys trip to the Great Lakes possibly more Highpoints

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

Ordered my Gobi Stealth rack with ladder. Next month I order my Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx LT275 /70 R17. Then I will go up to slee to get my slider and OME 3" lift. By then I should be completely broke, but I will be getting after it then!!!! Can't wait!

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

I'm hoping, to get some body work done this year and maybe a roof rack if my buddy gets his pipe bender.

NoahGenda

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the road
Member #

Myself, wife and service dogs are going into the wild, full time. After the both of us serving in the military and deployed, we are finally ready to get out and see this wonderful land we both have shed blood, sweat, and tears for. I have spent the last year rebuilding a wrecked truck we had purchased fairly cheap. We are mostly new to overlanding as well as this community, but no rookie novice on survival, land nav, or anything outdoors. So time to make our dream a reality and trust in our abilities and know-how to traverse America.

Sent from my SM-G530T using OB Talk mobile app
Thats great!

Same plan for me, the lady and I will be taking off to travel full time starting this summer for a few years. National Parks of US and Canada then some time in Mexico and Central America. Super excited!

Reactions: h.leehampton

WillyGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salem, IN
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Have new Mickey Thompson M/T tires and rims to install. I know, M/T sounds a bit odd for most folks but southern Indiana, Kentucky, and the surrounding states has mostly red clay mud. It's terribly sticky and turns an A/T tire into a slick in 5 seconds. 2.5" lift. Cutting the fenders. Vector Off-road accessory bar for the dash along with Ram Mounts for my "stuff". Artec front axel armor kit. Hopefully a GPS receiver for my iPad.

May trip to George Washington National Forest. June in Indiana and Kentucky. August trip to Great Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion. September trip to Overload East Expo in NC. And, just saw a post here about the solar eclipse. That is a once in a lifetime event. Hummmm.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: 15Canyon

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Pretty much done getting my truck where I want it. Aside from work, family stuff and a few trips abroad, just more US based travelling and exploring.

My original plan for late spring/early summer was to do this with a friend, but now have to wait until 2018 unfortunately.

New plan with my wife and two dogs… (rough route). I did a similar loop a few months ago alone but it will be more fun with some company.