What about a virtual OB MidEurope meeting?

• HTML tutorial

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
So that was another nice virtual campfire tonight. We talked about solar solutions, batteries, possible off-road training, vehicle and suspension technology, improvement projects on our vehicles for the upcoming winter and much more.

Thanks to everybody who joined. It was great talking to you guys.

Björn
Great call guys! Really enjoyed it.
Enjoyed the conversations guys, sorry that my phone fell on the floor and you guys were talking to a floor mat.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

I just saw that we have a campfire right on the 24th Christmas Eve because of the 14 day rotation. I would love to do one with you around Christmas, just not on Christmas Eve. What do you think, maybe on the 23rd or rather the week after? Please let me hear your ideas and I will reschedule. Thank you!

Have a nice day.

Bjoern

Reactions: XC70_OVERLANDER

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hi,

I just saw that we have a campfire right on the 24th Christmas Eve because of the 14 day rotation. I would love to do one with you around Christmas, just not on Christmas Eve. What do you think, maybe on the 23rd or rather the week after? Please let me hear your ideas and I will reschedule. Thank you!

Have a nice day.

Bjoern
Christmas is celebrated on the 24th here, so that's a go for me. The following weekend is holidays to, so maybe just hop over that one and we resume as shedule in Jan?

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Christmas is celebrated on the 24th here, so that's a go for me. The following weekend is holidays to, so maybe just hop over that one and we resume as shedule in Jan?
Thanky you. That is also an idea. Let´s see what the others think.

Reactions: Todd Jackson

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I guess I will not make it today as I am still in the garage helping a member installing a brandnew WARN winch.

I have heard Rick is also not there today and for Tomas and Todd it was not sure.

@Todd Jackson what about the weather up at your place. All safe?

Bjoern

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
I guess I will not make it today as I am still in the garage helping a member installing a brandnew WARN winch.

I have heard Rick is also not there today and for Tomas and Todd it was not sure.

Bjoern

Hej Björn,
Tomas and I had a nice conversation last night about all kinds of topics but he had me intrigued with his plans for the rear of his Jeep. I'll be following him with his plans for building up the rear storage system as I plan to explore the same designs for my Defender.

Yes the weather has been very active this week, over 40cm of snow. After it stopped yesterday it immediately began raining, so the roads were slippery. Apparently this week we are expecting plus temps all week, fingers crossed that there is still snow left for Christmas.

Cheers
Todd

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hej Björn,
Tomas and I had a nice conversation last night about all kinds of topics but he had me intrigued with his plans for the rear of his Jeep. I'll be following him with his plans for building up the rear storage system as I plan to explore the same designs for my Defender.

Yes the weather has been very active this week, over 40cm of snow. After it stopped yesterday it immediately began raining, so the roads were slippery. Apparently this week we are expecting plus temps all week, fingers crossed that there is still snow left for Christmas.

Cheers
Todd
Hi Todd,

Super cool. Glad you had a good chat. Is the mobile this time remained in the holder? - hehe. Yes, I did not make it, but now someone is happy that the winch is in. The new stoarge system sounds interesting.
I would say regarding the campfire on the 24th Dec, if there are no other suggestions, we do it as you suggested and skip it and then continue regularly on 7th of January.

Cheers
Björn

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education

Bjoern

Hej Björn,

Cheers
Todd
I missed it?! Oh no.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
I have to set up a reminder.

Bjoern

Hej Björn,

Cheers
Todd
I missed it?! Oh no.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, that was a great virtual campfire today. I don't think we've ever had so many participants. There were members from Italy, Sweden, Belgium, Lithuania and Germany. Supercool.

Thanks to Thore @XC70_OVERLANDER for the suggestion to write a short reminder next time, so more can participate. That's good, that's how we will do it!

See you next time!

Bjoern

Reactions: XC70_OVERLANDER

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Since we were so many last time and today no one has participated a quick question in the round. Maybe 2x per month is too much? Shall we rather go for a monthly call? I am open to suggestions. Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
That was another nice round of talks today. We have also considered whether we keep the cycle of the virtual campfire of every 2nd week or move to once a month in the future. We will stay with the 14-day cycle, so there are more opportunities to participate and everyone has the opportunity to be there within a month, even if it does not fit on one date.

Talk to you next time.

Bjoern

Reactions: NotGumby

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
That was another nice round of talks today. We have also considered whether we keep the cycle of the virtual campfire of every 2nd week or move to once a month in the future. We will stay with the 14-day cycle, so there are more opportunities to participate and everyone has the opportunity to be there within a month, even if it does not fit on one date.

Talk to you next time.

Bjoern
Nice catching up with you all. Not sure what was going on with my connection. See you in two weeks!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
That was another small but nice round of talks today. Especially the topic "leave no trace when going into nature" is not only super important, but also interesting. Thank you @XC70_OVERLANDER for bringing up this topic today. Maybe we can deepen the exchange on this important topic next time.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Bjoern

XC70_OVERLANDER

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
That was another small but nice round of talks today. Especially the topic "leave no trace when going into nature" is not only super important, but also interesting. Thank you @XC70_OVERLANDER for bringing up this topic today. Maybe we can deepen the exchange on this important topic next time.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Bjoern
Thanks for the great chat looking forward to seeing youse in two weeks time.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

So last year we suspended the virtual campfire for the summer, because many people prefer to be outside to explore and also, we can meet again in person (this is the reason why also now the recurring RP dates have expired).

Who likes to meet also in the summer times virtually, then we can do that from time to time of course. Just as you like. For this we can arrange to meet at short notice and use the known skype link.

And then in autumn we can start again Fridays, every 2 weeks as usual. What do you think about it?

Cheers,
Bjoern

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi,

So last year we suspended the virtual campfire for the summer, because many people prefer to be outside to explore and also, we can meet again in person (this is the reason why also now the recurring RP dates have expired).

Who likes to meet also in the summer times virtually, then we can do that from time to time of course. Just as you like. For this we can arrange to meet at short notice and use the known skype link.

And then in autumn we can start again Fridays, every 2 weeks as usual. What do you think about it?

Cheers,
Bjoern
I think that’s a good call.