What about a virtual OB MidEurope meeting?

• HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Two weeks ago we had a long and nice round of good talks around our virtual campfire! We talked about planned and past trips, exchanged nice experiences that make up travel, new projects and much more! It was great fun!

Tonight we will have again a virtual campfire. So please check the Rally Points and join to have some good talks!

See you later!
Björn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The virtual campfire is really a great thing during the time when we can't meet in person. Still, of course, we hope to be on the road again soon.

It was a nice little talk yesterday. Beside other topics we had an interesting chat about the pros and cons of different concepts for navigation and talked about why some people still love papermaps while others hate them.

See you next time...

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Again 2weeks have passed and so tonight our virtual campfire starts again! For once I will not be there today, because I am still heavily involved in the vaccination campaign and will probably not be back home until around midnight. Robert will be there though!
So, please join the virtual OB Europe campfire tonight (8PM CET as usual, all details in Rally Point, pleae check with your local time) and tell some nice stories! Have fun and see you next time again!
Björn

Details:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Maybe not everyone is watching the general Overland Bound Meetups subforum, so I post it here also as it is related to OB in Europe:

Travel and meeting remains still limited for us. But one thing is for sure: we can meet virtually!

I hope to see many of you again and have great conversations tomorrow evening around the virtual OB Europe campfire. As always 8PM CET.

See to you soon!

Björn

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Another great virtual campfire. We had some good talks about overlanding trips in the past and plans for the future, daily life and current news. It was especially nice to chat about experiences we have all had regarding tremendous hospitality while traveling.

And once again a member from South Africa was present! Thanks for joing the virtual campfire, Christoff @Get Out GO Was nice talking to you and hear about your travels deep in the south of this beautiful and interesting continent!

Reactions: Get Out GO

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Even if I really look forward to real meetings around the campfire with you, this virtual campfire is a great thing. It was nice again last Friday to see some faces from different regions of Europe and it was nice to chat with you!

And there will be other times. And then we will make the many great trips together that we are dreaming of now! I am looking forward to it.

Have a great week!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Yeah, this is getting really on my bad side. I am so despreate to be with people. Especially people I like.
Well, I do hope the vacation will be a hit. That would make it better to bear.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Tomorrow is again time for a virtual OB Europe campfire! In many regions there are now improvements regarding the C19 restrictions and many areas seem to be on a good way out of the pandemic. I am sure that many of you already have great travel plans for this summer. So let's get together tomorrow virtually and talk about it!

As always at 8 pm CET via Skype. Check out the details in the Rally Point and join!

Looking forward to numerous attendance and good conversations!

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just had an exchange with @Robert OB 33/48 - We think that we should suspend the virtual campfire for the summer, because on the one hand many people prefer to be outside anyway and on the other hand we can now meet again in person due to fewer restrictions - which we have already done her and there in the last few weeks. In autumn/winter, we can have a virtual meeting again. Maybe from November on and then again on Fridays, every 2 weeks as usual? What do you think about it?

Reactions: Sven and NotGumby

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

I have now updated the appropriate Rally Points so that we suspend virtual campfire over the summer. Let's get out and explore and meet as much as possible during this time and meet in person!

We will start again with the virtual campfire at the end of October, right after the overlanding show Abenteuer Allrad in Bad Kissingen.

If you still feel that you would like to have a virtual meetup sometime, feel free to get in touch! Of course we can always do that also during the summer.

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: NotGumby

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

After the summer break we had our virtual campfire again today. It was great. Thanks to all who were there. It is always nice to have members from different countries.

We exchanged ideas, tips and tricks about RTTs and awnings, talked about travel plans for next year and the rules for wild camping in the different European countries.

It was fun with you guys! See you next time!

Bjoern

Reactions: NotGumby

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,
Today I unfortunately can not participate. Have fun and see you next time!
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So that was another nice virtual campfire tonight. We talked about solar solutions, batteries, possible off-road training, vehicle and suspension technology, improvement projects on our vehicles for the upcoming winter and much more.

Thanks to everybody who joined. It was great talking to you guys.

Björn

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
So that was another nice virtual campfire tonight. We talked about solar solutions, batteries, possible off-road training, vehicle and suspension technology, improvement projects on our vehicles for the upcoming winter and much more.

Thanks to everybody who joined. It was great talking to you guys.

Björn
Great call guys! Really enjoyed it.