• HTML tutorial

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

Africa is big. It would take a long time to do it right.
I'd be happy with hitting a few countries with plans to come back for more.
In the little country of Togo, where I am, there are hidden gems all over the place. There are apparently 60 elephants living in a wildlife preserve just a couple of hours away. Plus there is so much more to learn about from the locals that a Lonely Planet guidebook or an internet search won't tell you. Plus... the food!!! So good!

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: Steve

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

I was asked to take a few people - mostly short-term medical staff who had an off day from clinic and hospital duties - on a hike up in the hills today. About an hour drive on broken asphalt / washed out roads / jarring potholes. Tall tires, softer suspension and GOOD quality suspension components & bushings are looking like a great investment here!

And since I love the older Land Rovers, here is a shot I got of an old workhorse. If it could talk, I bet it has some crazy stories to tell!

And if I come back here, I am going to buy one of these Land Cruiser 76's... in a heartbeat!!
They are almost perfect for this country.
Tough, durable, hold lots of people and cargo, capable off-road, lots of room to work on them, they're dead sexy... This one's a 2012 model.
Why can't we get these in North America????

Reactions: O.Dfj and Steve

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

I just got on a real computer and realized all of my pictures didn't show up without clicking on a TapaTalk verification link. Is that because I've been using my phone to upload with the site's app? I hope most can see the pictures. They're way better than my words! Sorry if I've missed all that conversation, but I've been pretty selective of how my 2G feed gets used, when it works. That OB app does make life easier for me, however. Thanks to @Michael for making it work!

Right now my wife and I are hanging out in the small doctor's lounge at the hospital uploading many more books to our boys' e-readers. Those e-readers have been priceless for us - and the boys! Good, relatively consistent internet connection here, so we're able to download books from our library at home in Canada while in West Africa. Now to me, that's cool.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I just got on a real computer and realized all of my pictures didn't show up without clicking on a TapaTalk verification link. Is that because I've been using my phone to upload with the site's app? I hope most can see the pictures. They're way better than my words! Sorry if I've missed all that conversation, but I've been pretty selective of how my 2G feed gets used, when it works. That OB app does make life easier for me, however. Thanks to @Michael for making it work!

Right now my wife and I are hanging out in the small doctor's lounge at the hospital uploading many more books to our boys' e-readers. Those e-readers have been priceless for us - and the boys! Good, relatively consistent internet connection here, so we're able to download books from our library at home in Canada while in West Africa. Now to me, that's cool.
Awesome! Your pictures have shown up just fine! Let me know if you have any issues. You can always PM! Hello from California!