Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

When I initially decided to go out, I was going to make a track, and get some pictures and get them added to the "destinations" section.

Looking back at last years trip (Memorial Day) I thought it would make for a nice easy trip. As it may be again later in the season, it was not even close to what I would call an "easy" trip. (my easy = anything with 4WD).

Several washed out roads, many downed trees (I didn't have a chainsaw) some of, I moved by giving them a tug. A couple washed out roads that made me happy I had my KO2's and Quadra-Drive II.

I'm trying to get better at jumping out and taking pictures of things as I'm driving (I really need a Go Pro), but I'm not.

There are more pictures that I will update this post with later, but these were easy since they were all on my phone.

Friday the 13th!
We were originally going to take off on Saturday morning, but we decided that we had everything already (except, we found out later... no coffee) , and nothing planned for the rest of the night, so we decided to head out.

It was dark by the time we got out of civilization. First thing that should have warned me that this wasn't going to be quite as easy of a trip as I expected. Google said a pass was open... The pass wasn't open (I know better than to not look at the state site...)

Once we got around and on the mountain, I was surprised to find that the roads were in pretty good shape... Then we found trees. Basically ended up in the forest with one way in, and one way out. It was around midnight when we realized there wasn't any real chance of getting to our destination that night... So we stopped and made camp on a little off shoot of a road.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Saturday

Woke up, snapped some pictures of the camp we set up on the LED lit road the night before...

Of course, that was when we realized... Coffee beans were not packed! :sob:

We made our way down the mountain the trails to go around and find another way up the mountain. Of course, stopping for coffee was a requirement. That's when I realized that my new lift, was a little... Off. I'll fix that next Saturday. I'll update the build thread. Bonus: White Pass, and Dog.

Washed out road... Got a little flex on the suspension. Going back up, I was happy I had Quadra Drive.

Worked up toward the peak I wanted to get to, and found a full sized F-350 stuck in the snow. Lifted, with Street tires. Recovery strap, little pull and they were headed back down the mountain. It seems, they had been up there for around 2 hours...

I attempted it, it was soupy, my winch wasn't quite enough to get me through it, I don't have Max-Trax, and I really didn't feel like digging.

Back down the road went toward the lake. Found more trees, moved them out of the way with the strap attached to the Jeep. Ran in to a few trees down slightly larger than what was pictured above. Nope.

Back tracked a little, found a good spot, set up camp. Part of this trip was to test out a bunch of new gear that hadn't ever seen the trail. It went really well. I'm going to try and remember to write a review on that later...

We got the camp set up, and the fire started just in time for it to start raining.

The dogs were happy the new tent and "Alcove" were set up... "We're snow dogs, not 'rain' dogs!"

Last edited:

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Sunday
Sunday was mostly realizing that it was "still" raining, and that it wasn't going to let up.

Not a lot of pictures were taken, though, I was able to take some in the garage...

With the slight angle the Jeep was sitting, with the lift gate open some water drizzled down and soaked through the carpet. I was worried that since I didn't make all of it out of pressure treated/marine grade that it was going to bet moldy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cappy410

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Saturday

Woke up, snapped some pictures of the camp we set up on the LED lit road the night before...

Of course, that was when we realized... Coffee beans were not packed! :sob:

We made our way down the mountain the trails to go around and find another way up the mountain. Of course, stopping for coffee was a requirement. That's when I realized that my new lift, was a little... Off. I'll fix that next Saturday. I'll update the build thread. Bonus: White Pass, and Dog.

Washed out road... Got a little flex on the suspension. Going back up, I was happy I had Quadra Drive.

Worked up toward the peak I wanted to get to, and found a full sized F-350 stuck in the snow. Lifted, with Street tires. Recovery strap, little pull and they were headed back down the mountain. It seems, they had been up there for around 2 hours...

I attempted it, it was soupy, my winch wasn't quite enough to get me through it, I don't have Max-Trax, and I really didn't feel like digging.

Back down the road went toward the lake. Found more trees, moved them out of the way with the strap attached to the Jeep. Ran in to a few trees down slightly larger than what was pictured above. Nope.

Back tracked a little, found a good spot, set up camp. Part of this trip was to test out a bunch of new gear that hadn't ever seen the trail. It went really well. I'm going to try and remember to write a review on that later...

We got the camp set up, and the fire started just in time for it to start raining.

The dogs were happy the new tent and "Alcove" were set up... "We're snow dogs, not 'rain' dogs!"

Gorgeous dogs. Are they Siberian Huskies? Oh and Great Commander too! LOL!

Cappy 410

Reactions: Cottonwoody

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Some of the best trips are the ones that don't go as planned. Keeps you sharp and tests your resolve and your gear. That tent looks awesome and would be perfect to supplement my RTT. I like to bring a good sized ground tent for multi day trips to store gear, prepare meals in inclement weather, use as a changing room, etc.