Weekend trip Northern AL, Southern TN!

• HTML tutorial

JMY24

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Huntsville, AL/Dahlonega, GA
Member #

Truth be told, it was good to see what my rig could do. I think everybody got to see what their trucks were capable (and not capable) of. The guys that were on our group were excellent and we had good teamwork. We all made it out with no injuries to my knowledge, and everybody's truck drove off under its own power.

I'll keep you all posted if I discover anything on my 9-10 hour drive home today.

Thanks JMY24 for putting this together. It was a great time, in a beautiful area with great terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Glad you enjoyed it. Morale took a hit around 11 o'clock last night. But everyone stayed pretty calm and we worked like a machine

Wander Offroad

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Estes
Member #

I hate that I missed this one - last minute changes from the wife took me out of the game. will look forward to the next one. Did you record the track to see total distance difference from the straight line route you had posted?

Look forward to the pics as well!!!

Reactions: JMY24

JMY24

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Huntsville, AL/Dahlonega, GA
Member #

So do you think the trail is manageable pulling a small teardrop style camper, or too rough?
Depends. Do you have lockers and mud tires? If you plan on completing the entirety of Iron Gap Road you will need 2-3 days, a good chainsaw and some patience as well as a nice dry forecast! Haha. You can go from the entrance in Estillfork and detour westward towards Huntland. I wouldn't advise staying North bound to Winchester with the trailer however. A tried and true winch would most definitely be necessary then

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk