Washington Backcountry Discovery Route 2018.

• HTML tutorial

BlackGSD81

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bellingham
First Name
K
Last Name
B
Quick trail report. I completed the WABDR from Cashmere to the Canadian border in my stock Tacoma Sport double cab long bed with AT 265/70/17's.

The trail's been cleared out of major downed trees but I did put my reciprocating saw to use in a few areas. Almost immediately heading out of Cashmere there are some really deep ruts that I would have definitely high centered on if I fell in. I had a moment of wandering what I got myself into expecting that this would go on for miles but it was a relatively short distance before the road improved. There is a washout in the section that goes north from Chelan after Fox Mountain. There's is an onsite workaround. I was a little worried about making this section (breakover angle) but I made it thru unscathed. Might be a different story with open diffs had it been wet out.

I was very happy with how my truck did, to be honest a brave soul could get this done in some of the higher clearance Subarus in these conditions. Despite the truck doing well I have the itch to switch into a TRD OR short bed.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Thanks for the report!

Last night I ran into a bunch of Canadian Army truck guys that just took their trucks through from Oroville to Leavenworth. We met camping out in our rigs at the Arlington Airshow. I guess they smashed through with some pretty big rigs (2 1/2 ton trucks). They told me it was narrow, but no problem. I'm thinking its probably not narrow anymore.

-jim lee

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Everyone,
I not be able to do the trip. My body and health are just not up to it! I’m reall sorry, I was looking forward to doing the trip. Having some heart troubles and my GBS has been active. Again, I real sorry to bale on everyone. Benz.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Well that's no good. I hope the Doc can fix you up. They can do amazing things these days.

I **think** I have the truck running well enough to at least start the trip. So we're still in. I'm not hearing a lot from anyone else. We may have to go it alone. (Hotel room in Hood river is booked.)

-jim lee

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Well that's no good. I hope the Doc can fix you up. They can do amazing things these days.

I **think** I have the truck running well enough to at least start the trip. So we're still in. I'm not hearing a lot from anyone else. We may have to go it alone. (Hotel room in Hood river is booked.)

-jim lee
Jim Lee,
Let me see how I’m doing by Thursday night. If I can, I will still try doing it. Don’t want you to enjoy the peace and quite all by you’re self! I know it would be a good trip. Guess if I start having issues I will bale out, but I will still try. How does that sound! Here is my number 509- 470- Five,Six,Five,5. Text me okay?Benz.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

So, Anyone still in this thread thinking about this WABDR thing and not signed up? The clock is ticking. You have.. 6 days left?

-jim lee

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Jim Lee, I will NOT be able to go on the trip as planed. My health is not going to let it work out this time. Benz.

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

I would be in, but I cant fit these dates in my schedule..
I don't know if anyone has chimed in on Routes 1-2 yet, but they are totally clear. We ran through them last week. And i recommend taking the Bethel ridge route on Section 2, it had some great views with a couple good camp spots

I heard that route 3 has a tricky washout though too, just fyi

Have fun guys