Washington Backcountry Discovery Route 2018.

• HTML tutorial

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Compared to Oregon it’s a lot more mellow and much easier to follow , the first two sections that is . Very fun to drive , take the time to do the little off the trail things listed on the map .

Reactions: James Kielhorn

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I did it a couple years ago, it was a great trip. I'll keep an eye out, maybe we can meet up on the trail somewhere!

There is a real map that you can get for that route (and the other non-Oregon routes) http://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycle-road-maps/washington-backcountry-discovery-route-map/

I've picked up a couple, including this one. Unless you want to gather up all the maps for the route from the different agencies before you hit the trail, I'd recommend picking it up. It's always good to have a spare map that doesn't require batteries!

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I bought the map also, thanks for the link! I plan on running the route, starting at the Canada border and going south. Thinking of June if and one has interest. Benz.

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

The only bad thing about going in August is the fire danger. No camp fire and a chance the sky will be to Smoky to see the meteor clearly! Benz.
Ahh very true. Yeah fingers crossed, people will be able to contain their campfires better this year :unamused:
We usually try to find a good summit to hike up to when watching meteor showers, so hopefully that opportunity is available

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I don’t mean to dash anyone’s plans, but the fires have been really bad. No mountain in the Cascades high enough to ge you out of the smoke. Look at any of the the last couple of years on the satellite reports, and you will see for yourself. But I hope this will be a better year and no fires to mess with. Beautiful sunsets though! Benz.