WARNING!!! PELFREYBILT MAY BE IN TROUBLE....UPDATED ...FILED BANKRUPTCY!!!!

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

So I came across on of my favorite YouTube channels , Tacomaholic. He had some interesting news that I already had some insight into. See I ordered a rear bumper from them that took nearly 5 months to get. Nearly 2 months late. The worst part was never getting any explanation or compensation for it. It was basically "oh well" on their part. I had to constantly call and chase it down. Now I'm thanking my lucky stars that I got it at all. Love it but would never recommend them because of their poor customer service over my experience. Here's the video . Buyers beware....something doesn't seem right.

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

From their facebook page

"
**Pelfreybilt Information Release***

The leadership and advisors of Pelfreybilt are in active discussions with potential investors to secure funding for the near future to continue business operations. Our intention is to "right the ship" within the next 45 days and begin taking new contracts to build cash flow; however, these plans are entirely contingent on the outcome of these discussions. We will release another statement after the Labor Day weekend when we have a clearer picture of the negotiations.

Thank you for your patience."

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

From their facebook page

"
**Pelfreybilt Information Release***

The leadership and advisors of Pelfreybilt are in active discussions with potential investors to secure funding for the near future to continue business operations. Our intention is to "right the ship" within the next 45 days and begin taking new contracts to build cash flow; however, these plans are entirely contingent on the outcome of these discussions. We will release another statement after the Labor Day weekend when we have a clearer picture of the negotiations.

Thank you for your patience."
Thank you for the added info....sad to see such good local company go away if they can't get negotiated.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
The owner posted on the Facebook page briefly blaming customers for them filling bankruptcy. The deleted the post quickly. I believe they filed Friday afternoon and they continued to take peoples money around 4 hours beforehand. Shady.

Reactions: Mike G and Chadlyb

Michael Kinnett

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Muncie, IN
Member #

This is absolutely sickening. There are people who paid CASH two days before they filed bankruptcy and the Pelfreys accepted their money. There are many people completely out the money they paid, either cash, ACH, or with credit card companies telling them to kick rocks. I was a proud supporter, now I have a full set of armor made by frauds. Not very happy right now to say the least, and I'm not out a penny in this whole mess.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I hope no one here is any of the 600+ people who have been mentioned in the bankruptcy.32B6450F-DDD0-4E37-9AC4-145A97F52BB9.pngA38BDB3A-2559-40DC-87F8-776CC99A5C3F.png

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

The owner posted on the Facebook page briefly blaming customers for them filling bankruptcy. The deleted the post quickly. I believe they filed Friday afternoon and they continued to take peoples money around 4 hours beforehand. Shady.
Blaming your customers!!!??? WTF....I Almost didn't get my rear bumper. If you ordered with credit cards or debit cards you may be ok. Call credit card company for fraud. I hope they get theirs in court for taking orders when they knew they were going to close the doors.

Reactions: Saints&Sailors

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

This is absolutely sickening. There are people who paid CASH two days before they filed bankruptcy and the Pelfreys accepted their money. There are many people completely out the money they paid, either cash, ACH, or with credit card companies telling them to kick rocks. I was a proud supporter, now I have a full set of armor made by frauds. Not very happy right now to say the least, and I'm not out a penny in this whole mess.
Any reputable credit card company would simply return your money with little to no questions asked. You paid for a product online and then never received the product. Pretty simple. It isn't any different than if your item was lost by the shipping company or they never filled your order. If you paid via ACH, your bank may be able to work with you to reverse the ACH transfer.

If you paid cash, well you're SOL. You're not afforded any of the protections you get from a credit or debit card.

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Sounds like a pretty amateur cracker jack operation - take people's money knowing that you will effectively be stealing from them. This isn't just fraud, it's theft.

Sad part is that customers may end up having to individually sue to get their money back, racking up court costs, etc.

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Pelfreybilt encouraged customers to pay cash for the down payment.
That is going to be an ugly piece of evidence in the court case. Technically, for most criminal fraud cases, you need to prove intent. I would argue that compelling customers to pay cash, when you knew you never were going to be able to deliver on your end of the deal, would be intent. I hope someone goes to jail for this.