• HTML tutorial

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Gonna mount it on the center dash haven't decided how just yet. But prolly something steel on the bottom side and then screw in to that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I seriously hate car manufacturers. Who puts nutserts in paper thin steel....

Anyways roof rack is fully welded up, ripped out 3 nutserts total, gotta paint the rack then install can begin

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Not sure how much weight it can safely hold I'm 190 and standing on it felt sketchy as shit...so ugh hopefully it'll hold my spare tire and some gear without breaking lol

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I had a basket attached to my stock rack and crossbars, I had my spare up there and I stood in it to secure it. Everything was fine. I have to tell you though, having the spare on the roof added a lot of body roll. I hated it. Tire carrier swing gate is the way to go on a WJ in my opinion. Moving the spare off the roof to the swing gate made a world of difference.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

That's not a bad idea, the lack of rear vision does suck sometimes. I can still see well enough when backing up in parking lots and such, but a quick glance on the freeway is pretty much useless. I considered using the floor of the cargo area, but then I wouldn't have enough room for the dogs and gear in the jeep on family camping trips. I probably should've just bought a suburban. I do like oh the shelf on to of the tire can be integrated into a sleeping platform though.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

More parts lol the modification for the modifications can begin tomorrow morning lol

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I have no idea what that is. Jet engine for propulsion in really low traction situations? Exhaust tip that makes it sound like something out of Top Gun? Flux capacitor 3.0?

Looks like an air filter too me.. Maybe part of a cold air intake?