Enthusiast III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Corona
Member #

Sounds good... wish I could make it, busy weekend caring for grandkids
Was wondering when this group would be getting together again...
Some topics for discussion; How does someone find out about trail and public lands cleanup events in our area and/or in California, with current fuel prices and cost will this group be planning local camping/trail ride events?, with all the recent wildfires in our local areas what access is there in the local NF areas.
Please share and pass on any information on these conversations
Thanks

Reactions: Inthewoods

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Sounds good... wish I could make it, busy weekend caring for grandkids
Was wondering when this group would be getting together again...
Some topics for discussion; How does someone find out about trail and public lands cleanup events in our area and/or in California, with current fuel prices and cost will this group be planning local camping/trail ride events?, with all the recent wildfires in our local areas what access is there in the local NF areas.
Please share and pass on any information on these conversations
Thanks
Those are good topics to discuss and I have written them down. I am having to replace the engine in my truck so that has been placed in the 'no go zone' for now.

TCorona

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Corona
Member #

Sorry to hear about that... vehicle problems is never fun
With the current fuel cost, its hard to justify that expense just to go out and have a good time.
In the mean time, if the members in this area can still meetup and get to know each other and talk about topics that affect our future trip planning would be great. Public land access and cleanup, trail exploring- maintenance and repair, wildfire damage, volunteer work, rig setup and gear, etc.
Something to think about...

Reactions: GunRunner

GunRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

I agree. The more of us that get involved the better we can learn off each other. I’m not too familiar with a lot being I just got into the whole overland scene but I’m always willing to learn and go out on trips.

Reactions: TCorona

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I had to change the meeting location because one of our members found out that there was a Renaissance fair going on at our location and last thing we need is to be chased by Knights. We are meeting at Hobby Lobby parking lot on Mooney Blvd. Pass the word. Check the map for the address.

Reactions: GunRunner

TCorona

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Corona
Member #

How's it going...
Was there much of a turnout?
Anything interesting come up...??

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

How's it going...
Was there much of a turnout?
Anything interesting come up...??
Yes had a good turn out and we have a new location for the next meeting and we planned some camping trips. I'll be posting on OB when I get the address for the meeting.