First Name
Auggie
Last Name
Mireles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6ICE
Hi all
I have a question. The trip says is difficulty 4, with sliders needed and other stuff that makes it look somewhat difficult , it also mentions rock crawling but I’m having difficulty finding videos of suck road at this area. Is the trip just dirt roads or is it somewhat challenging? Thank you

Auggie

Rank V

Advocate III

Oroville, CA, USA
First Name
Auggie
Last Name
Mireles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6ICE
This is what I would like to see as far as rock crawling
Can you point me to a YouTube link or similar to see the rock crawling?
Thank you

Attachments

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Hi all
I have a question. The trip says is difficulty 4, with sliders needed and other stuff that makes it look somewhat difficult , it also mentions rock crawling but I’m having difficulty finding videos of suck road at this area. Is the trip just dirt roads or is it somewhat challenging? Thank you
I hit the difficulty 4 when it's closer to 2. I'll fix that.
The rock garden has gotten harder and deeper holes where stock truck or jeeps have flex and got stuck and hitting bottom. We had to pull people over this section. I've seen videos and no one shots video of this section because you have to pick a good line and it's up hill. I do this twice a year and I noticed people are going around trees for an easier way. After they do the water bars people hit bottom. We got rained on the 4th of July. It's a good trail.

GunRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

Yeah, nothing too crazy. Just the one loose rutted out section has gotten a little deeper. You get an occasional big rock in the middle of the trail, but you can easily go around them. It is a fun trip though.

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

Hi all
Sliders not needed. Sway bar disconnect and lockers were a plus. I did the Monache Jeep Road in July in a stock Rubicon pulling and expedition trail. The most difficult section is 1.3 to 1.7 miles in. Steep, rutted, with holes. I didn’t touch once. Just need competent spotting, and take your time. See my Scout trail review on Trails Off-road.

Last edited:
Reactions: GunRunner

Roaming Bear

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Menifee, CA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Pemberton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6RUS
I am in the Temecula area of Riverside County. I have been wanting to do Kennedy and Menache meadows for some time now. Can you tell me if the trail is good enough for a stock Gladiator Mojave. The second thing is if I was to go, where could I meet you at and around what time. Will we be staying at one campsite or changing every day. I will be by myself. You can contact me at pembertonltd8@verizon.net or at 951 973 4645. Thanks. Bret

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

I am in the Temecula area of Riverside County. I have been wanting to do Kennedy and Menache meadows for some time now. Can you tell me if the trail is good enough for a stock Gladiator Mojave. The second thing is if I was to go, where could I meet you at and around what time. Will we be staying at one campsite or changing every day. I will be by myself. You can contact me at pembertonltd8@verizon.net or at 951 973 4645. Thanks. Bret
A stock gladiator can make it with good spotting and dry conditions. However it is snowing in Monache Meadows right now and the Monache Jeep road will probable be impassible.

GunRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

If Monache meadows is closed, we are planning to do bald mountain above shaver lake. We will do the trail and then set up a base camp for both nights.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

If Monache meadows is closed, we are planning to do bald mountain above shaver lake. We will do the trail and then set up a base camp for both nights.
How are both options for a bone-stock '12 Xterra Pro-4X? My D'max (solid axle swapped, 37"s, 4.56s, ARBs) with Four Wheel Camper is out at my home in Vegas, and logistics to go get it and join on this trip just aren't great. But I have the Pro-4X and tent-camping gear with me in the Bay Area (Palo Alto). I have that Friday off, so I was looking for a trip...

-TJ

GunRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

How are both options for a bone-stock '12 Xterra Pro-4X? My D'max (solid axle swapped, 37"s, 4.56s, ARBs) with Four Wheel Camper is out at my home in Vegas, and logistics to go get it and join on this trip just aren't great. But I have the Pro-4X and tent-camping gear with me in the Bay Area (Palo Alto). I have that Friday off, so I was looking for a trip...

-TJ
I’ve done Monache meadows a few times. There is really only one section that is pretty rutted out but doable by choosing the right line. I’ve never done bald mountain but my understanding is stock trucks have been known to make it. Maybe someone can correct me if I’m wrong.