Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Germany
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Crowther
Member #

I'm heading out to GWNF this weekend for a little dispersed camping along FSR 66. Will camp Friday & Saturday nights and do Peter's Mill Run Saturday since I haven't done it in awhile. Anyone is welcome to join, both camping and/or Peter's Mill. Just need to replace my torn axle boot, but will have the axle pulled today and installed by tomorrow. I plan to head out from Alexandria, VA early Friday to get a good camping spot.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I'm heading out to GWNF this weekend for a little dispersed camping along FSR 66. Will camp Friday & Saturday nights and do Peter's Mill Run Saturday since I haven't done it in awhile. Anyone is welcome to join, both camping and/or Peter's Mill. Just need to replace my torn axle boot, but will have the axle pulled today and installed by tomorrow. I plan to head out from Alexandria, VA early Friday to get a good camping spot.
Good move on leaving early Friday. It's been real busy out there lately, but that should guarantee you a spot.

Reactions: Eric W.

Makit Worx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Germany
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Crowther
Member #

Good move on leaving early Friday. It's been real busy out there lately, but that should guarantee you a spot.
Yah, a couple times this summer we didn't get out there until Friday afternoon and almost all the spots were gone; definitely the good spots were taken. There is one site that can easily accommodate multiple rigs. Hopefully, if I get out there early enough I can get it.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Yah, a couple times this summer we didn't get out there until Friday afternoon and almost all the spots were gone; definitely the good spots were taken. There is one site that can easily accommodate multiple rigs. Hopefully, if I get out there early enough I can get it.
We used one of the spots on the right last weekend, had 4 vehicles in there. There's a few spots that will hold 3-4 cars. It's a great spot for basecamp with PMR right around the corner! I like it better there than the actual campground.

Reactions: Makit Worx

Makit Worx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Germany
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Crowther
Member #

Axle was slinging grease, found a small cut in the boot. Axle boot replaced. Camping this weekend is a GO.

IMG_2402.jpegIMG_2403.jpeg
IMG_2404.jpeg

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Salutations from NoVA. I'm in the Fairfax area.
Hey I'm in Purcellville and always goto fairfax, I'm fullsized but I'll reach out if we go somewhere
Thanks!
Theres also a dude named triston, i think his user name is brock sampson. He just moved closer to us so keep an eye out for him to, he does way more than i do so he'll probably be going out more often. Runs a 4runner so yalld fit down the same trails i think

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Heyo! I thought someone was talking about me! Haha. Just moved from Fredericksburg to Chantilly. Might try to actually show up to the Dulles Landing meat on Sunday if anyone is interested (for real this time!).

Just went out to Wardensville a week or so ago for a T4R trip... Snow and ice made the normally easy fire roads fairly sketchy (at least for me). It was a learning exprience for sure!

Attachments

unleashd

Rank I

Contributor III

Oak Hill, VA, USA
First Name
Prakash
Last Name
Krishnamurthy
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4MAT
Hello from Oak Hill / Herndon area. Glad to be here.

I'm in for a regular meetup as I am just getting started with overlanding with my Excursion. Not sure how frequently I can meetup outside of NoVa though :)

ECHAIL

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Just moved from Las Vegas to Hampton and looking for some decent trails to take the kids on and hang out. And meet when available
Welcome to the area, I am in Chesapeake and a few of us are always looking for a good trail and destination camping area. We do enjoy going down to Corova and further south to get out on the beach too.

Attachments

Reactions: ODOverland

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Welcome to the area, I am in Chesapeake and a few of us are always looking for a good trail and destination camping area. We do enjoy going down to Corova and further south to get out on the beach too.
Corova is a trip I want to take.. love it down there! Want to do more beach camping trips this year for sure!