Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

It seems like there is a registry for most vehicles, but nothing for old vehicles. Let’s start the vintage overlander registry for vehicles at least 30 years old. I’ll start with my 1980 Toyota pickup, production date of 7/1980, 38 years old, and 78,000 original miles.

2C279224-CD69-4C9D-9BFC-8356A7CEA88D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Correus

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Actually...there are three or four I know of for Land Rovers. For a fee you can actually get all the information for your Rover from the Rover Company (they kept a detailed record on every Rover built, at least for the Series and Defender). From the original purchase order setting the construction of it in motion (several of the older ones were not built until ordered and most of the Station Wagons were custom jobs), to when and where the owner took possession of it, the intended destination, list optional equipment added to it and so on.

For the OB registry though, here's mine. His name is Grover and he's a '63 SIIa 88 SW with Trop top.

022_3Acrop.jpg

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
fj4o 012.jpg lr.JPG I must be getting old, 1980 is considered vintage. Haha. 1972 Fj40 and 1957 Series I 107 P/U.

Last edited:
Reactions: CR-Venturer

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

My '88 Comanche would just qualify. I use it mainly for kayaking and fishing … plus trips to Home Depot and the dump of course. It's garage mate, a '89 Cherokee, will qualify next year.

18-04-06 2.JPG 18-01-19 3.JPG

Reactions: Correus

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Sweet machines. I absolutely love those old land cruisers. They're rarer than hens teeth and cost a mint where I live, unfortunately ;_;

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

For a fee you can actually get all the information for your Rover from the Rover Company
I did this from the British Heritage Museum for my 1958 MGA, showing date of build, original color, engine number, wheels, etc. I call it the car's birth certificate. :

For the purpose of this thread, the OP listed vehicles 30 years and older as vintage. It is odd to think that 6 of the 10 vehicles I've owned over the past 50 years qualify as vintage. :openmouth:

Reactions: Correus and PCO6

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I did this from the British Heritage Museum for my 1958 MGA, showing date of build, original color, engine number, wheels, etc. I call it the car's birth certificate. :

For the purpose of this thread, the OP listed vehicles 30 years and older as vintage. It is odd to think that 6 of the 10 vehicles I've owned over the past 50 years qualify as vintage. :openmouth:
Steve - I've done that for several of the British cars I've owned including MGA's. As you know they will send you a certificate that is worthy of framing.

Are you a member of NAMGAR? I used to be the Vice Chairman. I'm currently into Jeeps though … no more British sports cars after 30 yrs or so of owning them.

Stew

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

[threadhijack] Yep, since 1999. I've only been to one national, though, in Charlottesville about ten years ago. [/threadhijack]
I was pretty much out of it by then ... probably mid '90s. I went to about half of the get together's up to about GT15. I chaired the first one that was outside of the US which was GT4 in Niagara Falls. I just realized that was 40 years ago!

... sorry to the OP for the hijack.

Reactions: Steve