Vintage Overland & Camping Photos

• HTML tutorial

TRLBLZR

Rank 0

Traveler I

I’m shocked. I knew folks went camping a lot but I didn’t know they had today’s gear already. Wonder how cheap I can cop one of those vintage rtt’s for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Agreed! Real eye opener seeing these things, hope there's more to come :)

Those wheels almost look like a giant dirt bike wheel & wire wheels are wicked tough!

Birdman

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Foresthill, CA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

And how does a wheel with spokes like that make it anywhere???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thin tires rule in mud. I had assumed early Ford Model Ts had a spool rear end or solid axle but apparent;y some or all had a differential. Simply amazing performance, and amazing thread. Thanks for sharing. Funny how ideas and inventions get recycled and re-imagined every few decades, and equally funny how kids always think they are doing something new and different that their parents could never have imagined doing.... :)

DesertFox

Rank III

Advocate II

California
Member #

Lockers, sliders, lifts, winches, GPS, two-way radios...who needs 'em? That couple probably hauled that airstream over the Mojave Road or moab.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

This thread is so full of win.

I had no idea that roof top tents were such an old idea! They've been around almost as long as cars, apparently. Dang!

The pullout shelves and drawers on that old station wagon rival some of the best I've seen on modern rigs.