Vintage Overland & Camping Photos

• HTML tutorial

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Just recently a friend sent me an email loaded with vintage photographs. Some were quite bazaar and strange too say the least. But a few really caught my attention and figured it would for most everyone on this forum. They are vintage overlanding and camping images. Gotta love it!

If you have any images, please share. Would love to see more like these!

92836583.jpg

VintageCamping.jpg

rooftent.jpg

Circa1910.jpg

Circa1926.jpg

Last edited:

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

If you ever get to Montana go to Deer Lodge. They have a huge museum for car camping (overlanding). I was pleased to find out while we camped at the KOA in town it had been an original car camp for the area back to the 20's. Lots of history and got some ideas for our rig.

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

If you ever get to Montana go to Deer Lodge. They have a huge museum for car camping (overlanding). I was pleased to find out while we camped at the KOA in town it had been an original car camp for the area back to the 20's. Lots of history and got some ideas for our rig.
That's awesome! It has been added to our overlanding list of places. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Big E

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Awesome post! Not a vintage pic but saw this setup at the campground in Yosemite last year:

View attachment 16982
Saweeeeeeet! Love it! I have a 1953 Willys Wagon in the garage, project vehicle that rarely gets worked on. Occasionally I get the urge and do a little cranking. The Willys is awesome but that bus is badass!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

My mother and uncle as kids, on the road with my grandfather somewhere in Europe. The rig in the back ia Bedford camperized truck. (looked like an old WWII ambulance) My Grandfather eventually had it shipped to Canada in the early 60's, drove it clear across the country, stopped for gas between Yale and Hope here in BC, saw a lot for sale, bought it and settled in for the duration.

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Really interesting thread.
Certainly didn't expect to see such excellent quality photos of early overlanders.
Surprised at the vintage of roof top tents !!!
Thanks for sharing.