Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, a while back we asked the forums for questions for an AMA and made a video. People REALLY Liked it!

Now, we're upping the game and asking the forums for quick video clips.

We are going to make a video, a few minutes long, that features the wide spectrum of people who are Overland Bound members.

The video will be a simple clip of you saying, "I...am overland bound".

We want folks outside on the Rubicon, in your office, your daycare center, your job at Starbucks, taking care of kids, on a farm, working in the city, driving a bus, flying a jet.

We want people who see this video to say, "hey, that's me". The more people who connect, the more people will discover overlanding, a connection with nature, the great outdoors.

The details:
  1. Need to be ok being broadcast
  2. Needs to be 1920 HD resolution (iPhone 6 is ok. So is go pro, digital SLR, and many other phones.)
  3. Family friendly
  4. 3/4 shot, capturing your background environment.
  5. Require pre roll and post roll, meaning 10 seconds of video on either side of "I am overland bound". Would be good to have you doing something "natural".
  6. Think variety and emotion. We wan people to say, "wow", and also, "that's just a normal guy/gal, with normal struggles, challenges. We want both, so if you want to climb Mt. Everest and do a video from the top, cool. If you want to do a shot with you unpacking groceries, cool.
Questions? Ask away!

Matt_Whitman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Claremont Nh
Member #

My film crew is on strike. Or maybe I've been lazy. I'll get one to you soon. Don't worry. I won't wear a banana hammock.