Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

03 Rubicon 5 inch longarm lift, 35 inch tires, 4.88 gears. The vibration stats 50 mph that you can feel and hear. Took off the mt tires and and put on procomp all terrain sport tires and the vibration is still there. Any suggestions.

Gus2.0

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ohio
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
August
Member #

Look up Jeep death wobble or Jeep wobble, YouTube has a lot of videos on fixing it, usually a problem with the stabilizer.

Reactions: Horse Soldier

Damil

Rank III

Advocate II

Driveshaft - bad joints, wrong pinion angle due to lift, or out of balance. Driveshafts will be a very high RPM vibration feeling and will create a vibration "Noise" that can be heard.... almost like a low deep bass sound. If you think this could be the problem... check your pinion angle and your tcase angle.. if you do not have a CV style driveshaft, these angles must be within a degree or so.

Good luck.

Reactions: Horse Soldier

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Driveshaft - bad joints, wrong pinion angle due to lift, or out of balance. Driveshafts will be a very high RPM vibration feeling and will create a vibration "Noise" that can be heard.... almost like a low deep bass sound. If you think this could be the problem... check your pinion angle and your tcase angle.. if you do not have a CV style driveshaft, these angles must be within a degree or so.

Good luck.
Ok now that sounds like the right path. Thankyou.