Launch Member

Contributor II

Stephenville, NL
First Name
Roger
Last Name
G
Member #

I know that a vehicle wrap will take damage from driving through brush but does anyone know what the paint under the wrap will look like when the wrap is removed?

C7mb

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Massachusetts
Member #

I know that a vehicle wrap will take damage from driving through brush but does anyone know what the paint under the wrap will look like when the wrap is removed?
As long as the damage does not go completely through the vinyl, you will be perfectly fine. I have had damage actually breach the vinyl and still did not have paint damage.

Reactions: PROJECTaroid

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
I have not driven through thick brush or on heavily wooded trails, but I do have a lot of experience with vehicle wraps.

Most consumer grade vinyl is about 3-5 mils in thickness. This is about the same thickness of modern clear coats. Although vinyl is not as "hard" as clear coat, it will provide some protection against light scratches, trail striping and brush. A general rule of thumb is, if the object will damage the color coat under the clear coat, it will certainly rip through vinyl.

If you want to get a full vehicle wrap for color change/design purposes of vehicle wrapping abu dhabi, I say do it. It will only benefit the paint by adding a second layer of protection. If there is some damage to the vinyl, you can always remove that section to re-wrap, or patch the damage (i.e. rock chips). The best option for protection is definitely PPF (paint protection film).

I hope this helps!
After seeing some wrapped cars this weekend up and close and personal, I sort of have an itch to maybe wrap my car. I wouldnt want to do the standard flat black or flat white as it seems those are the most common colors used. Ive kind of been toying with a flat red in my mind but not sure I can make such a drastic change. I would be keeping the same wheels Breyton gts-r, I would maybe consider powder coating them but not sure. Although obviously 2 completely different beasts I included 2 pics of flat red bmws. So what color do you all think an e60 might look good in wrapped and flat?
Attached Thumbnailscar wrapping-flatred3.jpg car wrapping-flatredm5.jpg

Steph_ Adventures

Rank IX

Influencer I

Quebec, Canada
First Name
Steph
Last Name
Adventures
here a little cheap trick for everyone who dont want to buy a expensive wrap to protect your paint . go to any big renovation store ( not to name any brand store) and buy TACTVinyl - Self-Adhesive Vinyl put on before going to trails and remove after for minimal money