Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

I was making a specific recommendation for running specific lighting, 16ga wire @7ft is good for 10 amps, which is enough LED to light up the world.

I understand, he doesn't know a lot and says as much, so I was helping him narrow that down and reach an uncomplicated solution. While your concern is noted and worthwhile, pointing out that 16ga may not be enough(particularly without a recommendation of what you believe is enough), does nothing but fuel his concern and unwillingness to do a very, very, simple wiring task by himself to build some confidence and knowledge.

Mr.Raptor didn't burn down his truck because he used undersized wire (to run LED lights) he burned down his truck because the circuit he installed was not correctly fused or broken for the wire,load and run length.
Thank you all for your help, I am new to wiring anything in a truck, My first idea was ti try to run off the Jackery 1000 I have, However, I do like the idea of running to the truck battery. The light I am looking at are front runner 16w LED I am just thinking of mounting two of those.

Reactions: bgenlvtex