VagabondExpedition adventures...

• HTML tutorial

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Everyone tired of Overland Expo West videos yet?
I tried posting every day, but had such bad internet access / cell access I had to give up at one point.

Friday May 12th....

Here's the latest that I just uploaded yesterday - it's from Saturday May 13th.

Hope you enjoy, and give me a thumbs up on YouTube... I'll create more videos from various events and functions. Next step will be to actually take it to a 'vlog' level where I'll interview, do detailed rig walk arounds/walk throughs, etc. I better start with the VagabondExpedition Overland Jeep first I suppose!

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Finally getting some much needed down-time to work on photos, videos, etc. Thought I lost some footage of the 410XCO team on a rainy day out in Alberta from back in June of this year.

Reactions: Jimmy P

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Went here.... Stave Lake "Mud Flats", British Columbia.

stave lake bc - beauty in it's own special way
by e j, on Flickr

This Jeep rolled in solo, headed straight for the mud and ended up like this rather quickly.

another jeep stuck in the mud
by e j, on Flickr
( what's the number one rule of wheeling everybody?!?)

I tried to help, but was of no use with the heavy VagabondExpedition Jeep and got stuck myself.

I've had these on the Jeep now for a very long time. They got their first use and I am happy with the results (ie, I was able to self recover). The other Jeep was too far in for these to be any good.

traction plates
by e j, on Flickr

"Spied on" other recovery efforts (it took two other vehicles to get them free).

another attempt at getting unstuck
by e j, on Flickr

Was disgusted by all the garbage everywhere. This was the lesser of all 'evils' - the place is covered in massive piles of nails from all the pallet fires. Other garbage and debris is left kicking around, broken parts, etc. So much for #TreadLightly. Sigh.

garbage garbage everywhere
by e j, on Flickr

Found a 'clean' spot and made some dinner. Mr Noodles and a peanut butter sandwich, lol.

prepping dinner at the Jeep
by e j, on Flickr

Called it a night.

camp fire and camp lights
by e j, on Flickr

I'll put together a more detailed 'trip review' along with a video too... so watch for that in a couple of days if time permits.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Ventured out with a few new friends from the 4WDABC (4WD Association of British Columbia). This is what's called the West Harrison/Hale Creek "newbie" run.

Reactions: T-88

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Starting to think about Christmas? I'm trying not to as it is definitely too soon... but it isn't too soon to start prepping, planning and participating in toy and food drives for your local shelters. Get out there and spread some holiday cheer.

Photos from 2016 event. Hopefully it isn't as cold this year and I can get some more photos and video before gear (and fingers) freeze up. If I recall, temps where about -37C which is about -34F for my American friends. And yes... some people were topless for this event!

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

From back before Christmas, and shortly after I rolled into Calgary Alberta for a good portion of winter, I took part in the Calgary Jeepers for Vets annual food drive.

PS. Hitting the road shortly for an extended overland road trip adventure. If you're not following me on twitter, feel free to do so - that will be my most 'real time' update of the adventure! Although some videos should roll into my Youtube channel as well - depending on if I get editing and uploading time at all.

Reactions: canadianoverlanders