VagabondExpedition adventures...

• HTML tutorial

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

It's been a busy weekend for the #vagabondexpedition jeep....

Went on a road trip to end up climbing a mountain...

Actually, I cheated and took the easy way up this time around...

Jeep shot...

Setup camp...

Wrenching at camp...

Replaced my Rigid A-Pillar mounts with JCR brackets.
I have enough forward facing light, with these, I can angle these lights into a more useful position for me....

Chrysler being cheap... rust under the hinges.
Anyone cleaned this up? What was your solution? I'm not looking for a full paint job.

Added these....

Incredibly helpful if you've got a lift, and a roof rack... and a roof top tent..

Still need to paint my light plant (painters pole)...

Had a morning visitor.
I over cooked my eggs... maybe that's why he left that way...

Went on a hike...
...ended up in a staring contest with a great white wolf...

Attempted to run away....

...discovered this is one of the friendly wolves of the forest...

More photos (and the wolf story) will be going up on my build/adventure page, on the blog, and of course facebook... links below:

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Attending a Jeeps Go Topless day in Carstairs Alberta in support of our Veterans and PTSD awareness.

I won't post all the photos here, but you can jump over to my Facebook page here to have a look. Lots of Jeep's, lots of Military stuff!

Yes... I ended up with a sunburn...

The #VagabondExpedition Jeep

Just a teaser for this beauty... you'll need to jump to my FB page for more!

Locked and loaded...

Recon Willys...

Do I smell hamburgers?

Lots of other great photos.. jump to my Facebook page here for more!

Reactions: Crispy

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

VagabondExpedition heads to one of the local Dairy Queen restaurants (in Edmonton Alberta) to enjoy a Blizzard ice cream treat for #MiracleTreatDay to support the Childrens Miracle Network Hospitals...

A beautiful white German Shepherd patiently waiting for his ice cream.

Not a huge turn out for our local off-road enthusiast group, but that's ok. Not everyone could make it to this one location.

Getting together with old friends and making new friends, plus supporting the good cause of the day is what it's all about.

Jump to our Facebook page here for the full album if you're interested.

Reactions: Sean S

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Oh boy.. I keep making promises to update my social media accounts - including forums like OverlandBound.. but this is it... I really have to get my sh*t together and post up my adventures, vehicle mods, etc. No more excuses!

That being said..... I've started my countdown to Overland Expo West 2017. 5200km of driving, 13 days of adventures (hopefully it isn't all just driving). Stay tuned!

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

On the road to OverlandExpo West.. still about 2700km to go, but stopped for a weekend of rock climbing in Jasper Alberta. Spotted this beauty Sportsmobile.

Check out the VagabondExpedition YouTube channel for the (hopefully daily) vlog.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

So, I'm on the road to Overland Expo West... a day behind on vlogs of the road trip due to internet issues and well, really just because I'm tearing up the miles to get there early. Damn, though, it's a lot of driving and I get frustrated seeing all kinds of places I want to explore, but don't even have time to stop and grab photos :(

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Day two on the road to Overland Expo West 2017.
It is incredibly frustrating not having time to stop and take in many of the sights, go for hikes, mountain bike, explore trails, etc.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Day three... Utah at last... we fly through this beautiful state, and stop for a quick hike and even get to venture off road.. but not for too long, or too far since we're rolling solo here and don't know the area.

Yes, some crappy audio (and out of sync) in this episode... hopefully I'll have a solution soon. (different video editing app).

Reactions: Sean S