Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Pula
Utah is rapidly becoming one of our favorite destinations. The whole STATE should become a National Park. Anyway, we've hit the high spots - Zion, Capital Reef, Moab, Lake Powell, etc.

This fall we are planning a trip and as I did my research, I came across a string of State Parks - Gunlock, Snow Canyon, Red Cliffs National Conservation Area...then possibly a short jaunt down to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It looks stunning - perfectly representative of Utah and Northern Arizona.

Has anyone made a long trip of this general region? 10 days - 2 weeks. And does anyone know know what the dispersed camping is like through the area? I'm open to all kinds of feedback and tips.

Keep it fun!

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Utah is rapidly becoming one of our favorite destinations. The whole STATE should become a National Park. Anyway, we've hit the high spots - Zion, Capital Reef, Moab, Lake Powell, etc.

This fall we are planning a trip and as I did my research, I came across a string of State Parks - Gunlock, Snow Canyon, Red Cliffs National Conservation Area...then possibly a short jaunt down to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It looks stunning - perfectly representative of Utah and Northern Arizona.

Has anyone made a long trip of this general region? 10 days - 2 weeks. And does anyone know know what the dispersed camping is like through the area? I'm open to all kinds of feedback and tips.

Keep it fun!
Sounds like an awesome trip. I've personally only really explored Moab but love UT!

Reactions: TM Overland

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Yeah, Jeep Easter meet at Moab is a lot of fun , but all the trail driving and helping with spotting , I didn't see all that much. Would love to go back and slow down and savior the sites this time. The Lakes I saw a lot when we had our 21' Daycruzer, spent many long weekends on the water....

Reactions: TM Overland