UTAH - Squaw Peak Road to Hobble Creek Canyon (July 1st)

• HTML tutorial

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

I'm down. Where is that exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
If you take the road up to Squaw Peak from Provo Canyon, just near the end it forks. Take the right fork up to the lookout. The trail itself is up the left fork, but the lookout is a better place to meet. If anyone is unfamiliar I could meet them at the gas station at the mouth of Provo Canyon and they can follow me up.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Well Girlfriend just said she is in as well. So the girls will get the RTT and I will likely hang my hammock. I just looked up how to get to the overlook. Cant really miss it up pole canyon. My daughter is super excited, this is her first non backyard camp trip of the year.

I take it some of us will have CB/ FRS/ UHFvhf? What are you guys bringing so other know?

Anything else anyone needs to know?

Preston Tiegs

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Provo Utah
Member #

Well Girlfriend just said she is in as well. So the girls will get the RTT and I will likely hang my hammock. I just looked up how to get to the overlook. Cant really miss it up pole canyon. My daughter is super excited, this is her first non backyard camp trip of the year.

I take it some of us will have CB/ FRS/ UHFvhf? What are you guys bringing so other know?

No onboard radio on my end, just a walkie talkie!

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

No onboard radio on my end, just a walkie talkie!
Same, no CB. But I am looking for an excuse to get one lol

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

I have that one. Cobra 75WXST installed in my rig. Good radio. You can check it out at the overlook or what not. I use the weather the most. Just wished they had a PA mode on it.

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

I have that one. Cobra 75WXST installed in my rig. Good radio. You can check it out at the overlook or what not. I use the weather the most. Just wished they had a PA mode on it.
Awesome! I'd love to check it out. Especially your install, I'm pretty OCD about that type of stuff so I'm trying to get ideas

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Awesome... just a week out, getting excited for some good scenery, meeting new friends and camping. Don't know who is staying up there overnight yet, but we certainly are.

Reactions: 4x4_gump.619

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

I won't be able to stay the night, but I'm stoked too...

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

THIS^^^ FYI there is a sign at the T that states "overlook right" "campgrounds left". You really can not get lost getting there just following the signs on the road.

FYI see the fire just north of the overlook. They have closes the alpine loop and cascade springs. I was just up there a couple weeks back over memorial day weekend. Sucks to hear... Its the Brian head fire that makes me sad however. The size and what it has done... I hope I never have to experience it or the loss from one.

Clementsme22

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Payson City, UT
Member #

I saw a fire pop up like nothing just south west of midway on Friday, crazy to see how fast fires like that can move.

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Excited for the trail this Saturday. Does anyone know how long we should expect the trail to take? I have some family in town and need to plan accordingly.

Russell Peters

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Why would we meet all the way up at the overlook? When I was up there, there isn't a lot of parking and it's a little out of the way. Why not meet at the large lot just past the gun club drive?

Russell Peters

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

Why would we meet all the way up at the overlook? When I was up there, there isn't a lot of parking and it's a little out of the way. Why not meet at the large lot just past the gun club drive?

Russell Peters
I can't give you the time as I have never run the trail

As for the lookout, it is about 1-2 min out of the way and it is much easier to navigate to. We should have plenty of room to park. Of course if everyone feels that lot would be better I am happy to change that to the meet up location