First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thanks! I did not know that.
Weeeeeeeeell, we used to do that but it pretty quickly became unsustainable. A point of trivia: when we first started, we let the first 500 people sign up in a Google spreadsheet and actually write their name in a number spot (before the first ones were made). Many of the Founding 500 were "in order" because people wanted the lowest possible, but quite a few reserved their number. It's funny. It seems "way back when", but it really wasn't that long ago.

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

Thread Revival, because I was thinking of starting this exact thread! What can we do to make this a consistent discussion/group? I'd love to plan a meet up a month or something like that!

Reactions: 4x4_gump.619

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

Yes, we need to put together a meeting of the Utah rigs. Not sure the best way to make this happen. I been travelling for work for weeks and don't seem to have the time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using OB Talk mobile app
Not sure if you were in the group message I put together, but we are doing a quick day ride from Spanish Fork Canyon to Strawberry via Diamond Fork on the 20th of May! Anyone who would like is welcome to join!

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

I'm a Utah member in Layton. Missed the notice for the Spanish Fork meet, but I'm dying to go to the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

It may be possible to analyse the map, find a possible centralized location of most of the Utah members, and pick a date. That way we could pull as many as possible across the state. I realize that most of us in Utah are extremely busy with our outdoor activities. But if we could try to get several meet up dates, most of us could hit at least one or two. It just takes someone to take the lead.

Reactions: 4x4_gump.619

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

It may be possible to analyse the map, find a possible centralized location of most of the Utah members, and pick a date. That way we could pull as many as possible across the state. I realize that most of us in Utah are extremely busy with our outdoor activities. But if we could try to get several meet up dates, most of us could hit at least one or two. It just takes someone to take the lead.
I am happy to help organize! But my Subi cannot do every trail so I won't be able to attend most meetups. Let me know however I can help!

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

Hey guys, I have created a new thread to host all main discussion on planning meet ups in Utah, you can follow the link here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/utah-meetups.7794/
The purpose of this thread is to make sure we have a common place for everyone to see what meet ups are happening and when, then we will create a separate thread for a specific meet up. That way you only see relevant information. Let me know if you have any questions!