Using the Forum Event Calendar Feature to Post Your Events!

• HTML tutorial

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi all!

The Overland Event Calendar allows you to add a forum post to the calendar. The notice on the calendar will have a link to your event thread so other members can get details about your event! Within 90 days of your event, your event will also appear in the forum sidebar!

Here is how you use this feature:

You must be a "Member" in these forums. That means you have an Overland Bound Emblem and number. More info on that here: Get Your Overland Bound Membership

Your forum account also needs to be upgraded to "Member" on these forums. More info on that here: Members Upgrade Your Forum Account for Free

1. Create a forum post with details about your event.
  2. Post it
  3. At the top, under "Thread Tools" you will see "Calendar Add". Click That. calendar1.png
  4. Fill in the details. That's it!
  5. If you have a recurring event, click "Advanced", and fill it out.
    2016-11-21_1010.png
  6. To access the calendar, click the sub navigation tab at the top of the forums here:calendar2.png
  7. Your event will automatically show up in the forum sidebar within 360 days of the event!
Please provide feedback or let me know if you have any questions!

M

Last edited:

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

Hi all!

The Overland Event Calendar allows you to add a forum post to the calendar. The notice on the calendar will have a link to your event thread so other members can get details about your event! Within 90 days of your event, your event will also appear in the forum sidebar!

Here is how you use this feature:

You must be a "Member" in these forums. That means you have an Overland Bound Emblem and number. More info on that here: Get Your Overland Bound Membership

Your forum account also needs to be upgraded to "Member" on these forums. More info on that here: Members Upgrade Your Forum Account for Free

1. Create a forum post with details about your event.
  2. Post it
  3. At the top, under "Thread Tools" you will see "Calendar Add". Click That. View attachment 10489
  4. Fill in the details. That's it!
  5. If you have a recurring event, click "Advanced", and fill it out.
  6. To access the calendar, click the sub navigation tab at the top of the forums here:View attachment 10491
  7. Your event will automatically show up in the forum sidebar within 90 days of the event!
Please provide feedback or let me know if you have any questions!

M
NICE ! This should come in super handy for scheduling things like the Mohave run in March!

Edit: trip is in March not May.

Last edited:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Can I put up all my trips which I do with Dragonriders Travel in it?
Not sure if it contribute much as my events are Always very small and just with 5 our 6 cars.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Can I put up all my trips which I do with Dragonriders Travel in it?
Not sure if it contribute much as my events are Always very small and just with 5 our 6 cars.
Yes you can Robert! The intent is for OB members to post their events. If you find it useful, use it! It is sometimes hard to find the right forum thread for the right event. They get buried. The hope is that this feature provides a simple reference to what's going on, with an easy direct link to the right forum!

M

Reactions: Luis Merlo

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
NICE ! This should come in super handy for scheduling things like the Mohave run in May!
If you meant the MOJAVE trip in March,... Added! (very cool btw)

J/K, I found out that there are two different ways Mojave / Mohave is spelled, and from what I can tell, it depends on which side of the California / Arizona border you're standing on.
Mojave = California
Mohave = Arizona

They're from the same tribe but I guess states chose to spell it differently.
Just like now, where Arizonan's and Californian's like to do things differently from each other!
Some things never change.

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

If you meant the MOJAVE trip in March,... Added! (very cool btw)

J/K, I found out that there are two different ways Mojave / Mohave is spelled, and from what I can tell, it depends on which side of the California / Arizona border you're standing on.
Mojave = California
Mohave = Arizona

They're from the same tribe but I guess states chose to spell it differently.
Just like now, where Arizonan's and Californian's like to do things differently from each other!
Some things never change.
Bahaha May/March same thing. You guys get my point!

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

@Michael is there a way to sync the OB calendar with mobile phone calendar ect?

Not sure if the calendar was completely forum based or whether it was a plugin

Thoughts?
Cheers