US West Usal Beach - Redwoods

• HTML tutorial

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI

Family oriented event to Usal Beach and the North Coast Redwoods. Friday is meetup and travel to Usal Beach. Saturday, for those interested, is day trip to the Redwoods and/or other North Coast destinations, all based on group interest. Saturday night is back at Usal Beach. Sunday is self-directed travel back home.

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Family oriented event to Usal Beach and the North Coast Redwoods. Friday is meetup and travel to Usal Beach. Saturday, for those interested, is day trip to the Redwoods and/or other North Coast destinations, all based on group interest. Saturday night is back at Usal Beach. Sunday is self-directed travel back home.

Great meeting everyone today! Count me in on this one!

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
I'm in. Confirming that the rally point is the RP Costco parking lot?
Yes, 10am. We have people coming from various places via various routes and this spot has worked well for us in terms of access and space. There is gas and a chance to shop, as well.

Reactions: wanderingfoodie_95

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
The weather forecast for April 19-21 is awesome! Highs 50-60's, lows 40-50's, winds 10-20 mph (typically stronger overnight than during the day).

We'll likely have a campfire (or more than one) each evening - bring firewood! Campfire permits.

Here's a bit more detail on our initial meetup.
Costco Satellite Vew.png

No worries if you can't make the initial meetup - we'll have a second rendevous in Laytonville at 1pm (on the .gpx as a clock icon at 1:00).
20240413_Laytonville Meetup.JPG

If that doesn't work just come on out to the beach!

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Hello All - there is critical mass for a potluck on Saturday night around 5:30. If you'd like to participate please reply to this thread with your name and what you have in mind. If you can, please copy any prior responses so the latest message on this topic has the whole list. Cheers, D

Janet and Derek - buttery couscous (raisins or no raisins?)

Reactions: Terrapy

Enthusiast III

Northern California
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Pope
Hello All - there is critical mass for a potluck on Saturday night around 5:30. If you'd like to participate please reply to this thread with your name and what you have in mind. If you can, please copy any prior responses so the latest message on this topic has the whole list. Cheers, D

Janet and Derek - buttery couscous (raisins or no raisins?)
Wander Foodie (aka Matt) here, put me down for dessert. And yes, it will be a form of chocolate if some sort.

Reactions: ProtonDecay

Faraz_3a9e67

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Faraz
Last Name
Khan
Removing quotes from the list for readability:

Janet and Derek - buttery couscous (raisins or no raisins?

Wander Foodie (aka Matt) here, put me down for dessert. And yes, it will be a form of chocolate if some sort.

Faraz: I can do a bbq Korean beef bulgogi (Trader Joe’s version).

walkabout_ca

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Bay Area, California, USA
First Name
Gwendolyn
Last Name
vdL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YFJ
FYI, we'll be traveling separately, leaving Friday around noon from the Peninsula.
We're happy to join the potluck!

Gwen & Esther: chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce

trailtracker

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Bay area
First Name
Ess
Last Name
Bee
Member #

I am in for the potluck. Adding to the list.

Gwen & Esther: chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce

Soumen - Pitas, Humus and few other mediterranean sides. (Whole Foods version)

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
Unfortunately I'm going to have to bug out on this trip. I've really been wanting to do Usal for a long while, but I'm still recovering from a small medical issue and am not quite ready for prime time yet. I'll see you soon on another run. You're going to have great weather!

Reactions: Advtres

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Unfortunately I'm going to have to bug out on this trip. I've really been wanting to do Usal for a long while, but I'm still recovering from a small medical issue and am not quite ready for prime time yet. I'll see you soon on another run. You're going to have great weather!
Hope you are all better soon. Happy Trails....

Reactions: SVgarage