Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all! Hope you are getting ready to have a great Thanksgiving!

We've made some updates to Rally Point and to the Member Map to improve the features!

The member features on the website are constantly being improved. Special thanks to our Benefactors and members for the ongoing and continued support! Without it, this would not be possible!

We try not to disrupt normal feature operation wen we make updates, but in this case, Rally Point had a few days of problems with setting the start and end dates. This has been fixed. IN addition, additional features include:

Member Map:
  1. Members can add Trail, National Park, and Host Locations. Wen added, other members will see an icon listing that location. To insure the quality of added locations, they go into a moderation queue so we can review and approve them!
  2. Added locations show the member who added it.
  3. Members may start a conversation from the Member who added the location from the details pop-up.
  4. Members may "copy" the lat. lon. coordinates by clicking a "copy" button, making it easy to paste the coordinates into other applications, google maps, your GPS device etc.
Rally Point:
  1. Members can now invite additional members, or specific members by editing the Rally Point Announcement
  2. On the Rally Point events page, Rally Points are now sorted by soonest to latest, and can be filtered by region.
  3. Rally Point Authors can pass edit rights to a new Member or Host. This is so someone can set up an event, then allow other Members to change or edit the post.
  4. Automatic invite radius from starting location has been increased from 50 miles to 200 miles, and maximum invites has been increased from 50 to 100 (if you would like to invite more, please contact us!)
Many more updates to come, including a new version of the Mobile App that will include all web features and a better interface!

Thank you all for your continued support!

Michael

App Home Page Preview:

unnamed (1).jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all! Hope you are getting ready to have a great Thanksgiving!

We've made some updates to Rally Point and to the Member Map to improve the features!

The member features on the website are constantly being improved. Special thanks to our Benefactors and members for the ongoing and continued support! Without it, this would not be possible!

We try not to disrupt normal feature operation wen we make updates, but in this case, Rally Point had a few days of problems with setting the start and end dates. This has been fixed. IN addition, additional features include:

Member Map:
  1. Members can add Trail, National Park, and Host Locations. Wen added, other members will see an icon listing that location. To insure the quality of added locations, they go into a moderation queue so we can review and approve them!
  2. Added locations show the member who added it.
  3. Members may start a conversation from the Member who added the location from the details pop-up.
  4. Members may "copy" the lat. lon. coordinates by clicking a "copy" button, making it easy to paste the coordinates into other applications, google maps, your GPS device etc.
Rally Point:
  1. Members can now invite additional members, or specific members by editing the Rally Point Announcement
  2. On the Rally Point events page, Rally Points are now sorted by soonest to latest, and can be filtered by region.
  3. Rally Point Authors can pass edit rights to a new Member or Host. This is so someone can set up an event, then allow other Members to change or edit the post.
  4. Automatic invite radius from starting location has been increased from 50 miles to 200 miles, and maximum invites has been increased from 50 to 100 (if you would like to invite more, please contact us!)
Many more updates to come, including a new version of the Mobile App that will include all web features and a better interface!

Thank you all for your continued support!

Michael

App Home Page Preview:

View attachment 40493
Thank you @Michael for the continued Outstanding amazing support...truly appreciate what you, @Corrie ,and staff members all do to make this site better.:sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: UpirLichy

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
@Michael...I noticed that rally point events where showing up as past events if you happened to check it the night before an event. I am guessing this has to do with the time zone being east coast is a my guess.

Reactions: Michael

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
@Michael the Southwest region does not show up in the dropdown to filter the rally point events.
Is there any rally points in the Southwest region even scheduled? Looks like the Oklahoma meet up was put into the midwest rally point by the host...even though they would be in the southwest region according to OB.

Last edited:

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

@Michael...I noticed that rally point events where showing up as past events if you happened to check it the night before an event. I am guessing this has to do with the time zone being east coast is a my guess.
Yeah, this was SUPER confusing the first Rally Point event I went to. I wanted to find the organizer's information and phone number, and couldn't locate the event quickly which caused a minor freakout since my cell service was fading.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Ah! Thank you! I think you are right!

Reactions: NightCrawler

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael the Southwest region does not show up in the dropdown to filter the rally point events.
This is because there are no Events in the Southwest at that time (I hope that is it) which is intended. If there are events in a region, they show up in the drop-down. I'll double check. Thank you!

Reactions: UpirLichy

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Yeah, this was SUPER confusing the first Rally Point event I went to. I wanted to find the organizer's information and phone number, and couldn't locate the event quickly which caused a minor freakout since my cell service was fading.
This is a good point. I will change this so the event is moved to "Past Events" after 48 hours. That will be better!

M