UK members

• HTML tutorial

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

each time I get something for my 90, the response I get is "why do you need one of those?"
Am I the luckiest man alive? My wife keeps telling me we need to get that or sort this, spend more money on the Land Rover. She loves overlanding, camping the outdoors. That said, she still want's the house decorated and new carpets, oh and a new bathroom.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Off to the highlands and islands this time next week for 3 or 4 weeks. London on the other hand is too.............expensive, it's £100 a day to LR into London.
Indeed as polaris mentioned, NC500 is a good one, if you look at the routes forum on here I wrote something about it and uploaded the gpx file
Being from North Uist I'm bias lol

Sent from my VKY-L09 using OB Talk mobile app

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

Indeed as polaris mentioned, NC500 is a good one, if you look at the routes forum on here I wrote something about it and uploaded the gpx file
Being from North Uist I'm bias lol

Sent from my VKY-L09 using OB Talk mobile app
I shall have a look. I was planning a route last month, but in the end thought we'd just go wherever takes our fancy. Although Mull, Skye and the NC500 are a given.

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I'll be there in may 2 1/2 weeks time.
I'm currently in Croatia, started trip beginning April in Cyprus and will end up in Aberdeen some time early next year.

So I'm out for a trip this year but definitely up for something next year .

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: somerset-andy

Yellow

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cornwall, UK
Member #

North Coast 500 was amazing, I had to work up in Durness, so we decided to make a trip of it and camped our way around. It was my first time in Scotland outside of Edinburgh, and I'd go back in a heartbeat - we took every one of the narrower roads, and camped by the side of lochs/the sea. Didn't get into the islands though, that's saved for next time.

My wife doesn't fly, so we are forced to take the car *poor me oh dear..* but even still its hard to pursuade her to upgrade the jeep! Very lucky Andy

Reactions: Tim

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

It is a long way to go for a camp in the rain from the South West. Normally we head south for some sun. Last summer was a trip around the Alps. April we went down to Spain. So I guess we are due a wet trip this summer. Fingers crossed it's not too wet and not too many midges. Last time we went to Scotland I fell ill and we had to come home after a few nights.

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rhyl, Denbighshire, Wales, United Kingdom
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

Count me in for the 500 trip, my wife 'the boss' wants to head there and do the journey, and so do I, we've been trying to get a few friends to join us, but around here there is only a hand full of friends that enjoy the overland experience.

Currently planning a short trip to Strata Florida, short weekend break & some wild camping too...once we've finished decorating the house of course...well, thats what I have to tell the boss anyway haha

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

I'm currently in Croatia, started trip beginning April in Cyprus and will end up in Aberdeen some time early next year.

So I'm out for a trip this year but definitely up for something next year .

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Keep the pictures coming on Instagram buddy, amazing trip :D
If anybody fancies following me on Instagram, I'm @tom_overland

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Keep the pictures coming on Instagram buddy, amazing trip :D
If anybody fancies following me on Instagram, I'm @tom_overland
oh incidentally I just started following you on Instagram. I've heard about you Welsh types so don't go leading me astray. i'm a timid ex serviceman so easily led.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

followed you back buddy :D
hahahaha I'll get you up Snowdonia and show you how us Welshies explore lol
My Insta is a bit limited, I must get round to using it more. it's been a while since I was in Snowdonia. I've spent a fair amount of time in the Brecons.

Perhaps we need to organise something when I visit my Dad next. I've no idea when that will be though

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

My Insta is a bit limited, I must get round to using it more. it's been a while since I was in Snowdonia. I've spent a fair amount of time in the Brecons.

Perhaps we need to organise something when I visit my Dad next. I've no idea when that will be though
Sounds good to me, just let me know.