Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hi Everyone, I came by to say the wife and I are making a trip to Scotland in August this year and if there is a meet up sure would like to try and make it while we are visiting, think it would be neat to talk with ya'll in person. Sorry to hear about @F4T XJ wishing you speedy recovery from Oklahoma USA.
I'm the wrong end of the country to meet up as I live in Devon. But you have a great time.

Last edited:

guitarman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paignton, Devon, England
Member #

Hi i live in Devon myself, Torbay so your not far from me @Defender 90 Keith, anytime you want to me up for a beer or a drive around give me a shout. I dont do a lot of green laning as the ones around here are really tight and although i dont mind some pin stripping id prefer my motor not be opened up like a tin as its my daily driver. with that said if you know any that arent to bad and you dont mind a novice that wants to learn, to tag along for an afternoon that would be great

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hi i live in Devon myself, Torbay so your not far from me @Defender 90 Keith, anytime you want to me up for a beer or a drive around give me a shout. I dont do a lot of green laning as the ones around here are really tight and although i dont mind some pin stripping id prefer my motor not be opened up like a tin as its my daily driver. with that said if you know any that arent to bad and you dont mind a novice that wants to learn, to tag along for an afternoon that would be great
Hey there @guitarman. I' pretty much in the same boat as you when it comes to greenlaning. My beloved 90 is my daily drive too. Although I dud go to the Defender Day last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the off-road course. It took some pressure washing to remove all the caked on mud. Are you thinking about going to any of the shows this year. I' hoping to go to the Billing Show to take part in the World Record Attempt. Additionally I'd like to go to the LRO Show too.

guitarman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paignton, Devon, England
Member #

Hey there @guitarman. I' pretty much in the same boat as you when it comes to greenlaning. My beloved 90 is my daily drive too. Although I dud go to the Defender Day last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the off-road course. It took some pressure washing to remove all the caked on mud. Are you thinking about going to any of the shows this year. I' hoping to go to the Billing Show to take part in the World Record Attempt. Additionally I'd like to go to the LRO Show too.
I would like to go to at least 1 this year. All depends on the timing really as I have my daughter on a Saturday so if I can get her into camping I might try and bring her a ling

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I would like to go to at least 1 this year. All depends on the timing really as I have my daughter on a Saturday so if I can get her into camping I might try and bring her a ling
I'm not too sure about Billing. I have a feeling there's not going to be much in the way of trade stands filled with many temptations. I really do want to take part in the World Record Attempt though. I think the LRO Show has much more in the way of trade stands. It could lead to me spending too much

DurtyDisco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
First Name
Andi
Last Name
McGuire
Member #

Hello Everyone, new kid on the block here, just saying Hi...I live in the midlands, have done a fair bit of greenlaning, and some wild camping with my truck...

Regular show goer, so will be at LRO Show in September on the G4OC stand, come ay hi and grab a brew and have a chat.

See you all out there,,,,

Andi

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hello Everyone, new kid on the block here, just saying Hi...I live in the midlands, have done a fair bit of greenlaning, and some wild camping with my truck...

Regular show goer, so will be at LRO Show in September on the G4OC stand, come ay hi and grab a brew and have a chat.

See you all out there,,,,

Andi
Hey Andi

Great to see you managed to join in on the fun with us :)
Hopefully catch you again at some point soon (other than the occasional chat on facebook)
Kev

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi folks, relatively new here and waiting for my membership number so can't access the map as yet.
Just thought I'd start a thread to see how many UK members there are here and what sort of trucks etc. people drive.

Hi and welcome.
We are usually Aberdeen ish based but currently in Uzbekistan with our Land Rover Defender 90

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Do we have an idea on how many members we have in the UK? What do we have in the pipework to promote new members?
I'm in the process working with Corrie to getting some new fliers which can be used to promote OB in this region (as in Europe) as the current fliers are all designed for USA

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I'm in the process working with Corrie to getting some new fliers which can be used to promote OB in this region (as in Europe) as the current fliers are all designed for USA
I guess it depends on whose asking for the fliers eh. When I asked about getting some for Defender Day which attracts 4-500 drivers none were forthcoming.

I've had other opportunities where fliers would have come in useful but I didn't request any know what they result would be.

That's why my other ideas have been retained within these four walls

Last edited:

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

I guess it depends on whose asking for the flowers eh. When I asked about getting some for Defender Day which attracts 4-500 drivers none were forthcoming.

I've had other opportunities where fliers would have come in useful but I didn't request any know what they result would be.

That's why my other ideas have been retained within these four walls
That's odd,
Pop me a PM with your Idea's and lets see if we can get some of them moving with the guys across the pond

If I had known you needed some, I could have pressed the issue a bit more to get some shipped over for you

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Good to hear from you polaris get the photos on Green with envy
Hello matey, hows things?

Too many photos after this trip but as always the website and FB page is up to date ......... ish ;-)

Couple of tasters below.

Snip20181006_1.png
Mongolia Raid 2018 Trip so far.
On Monday I fly back to Almaty in Kazakhstan where we had to leave the Landy for a a week due to a medical emergency. I will be driving the 7000 miles back to UK alone

_DAS3122.jpg
Ghenghis Statue Ulaanbataar, Mongolia

IMG_4627-2.jpg
Gobi Desert Mongolia

_DAS3642.jpg 4655m on the Pamir Highway Tajikistan.

_DAS3742.jpg
Wakhan Valley with Afghanistan just across the river

IMG_4921.jpg Russian Altai Region

_DAS2021.jpg
Entry into Charyn Canyon Kazakhstan

IMG_4130.jpg
Miliatary Road in Georgia heading to Russian Border
IMG_4072.jpg
Lake Wild Camp Azerbaijan

Reactions: citybiker

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Hello matey, hows things?

Too many photos after this trip but as always the website and FB page is up to date ......... ish ;-)

Couple of tasters below.

View attachment 71306
Mongolia Raid 2018 Trip so far.
On Monday I fly back to Almaty in Kazakhstan where we had to leave the Landy for a a week due to a medical emergency. I will be driving the 7000 miles back to UK alone

View attachment 71299
Ghenghis Statue Ulaanbataar, Mongolia

View attachment 71308
Gobi Desert Mongolia

View attachment 71300 4655m on the Pamir Highway Tajikistan.

View attachment 71309
Wakhan Valley with Afghanistan just across the river

View attachment 71301 Russian Altai Region

View attachment 71302
Entry into Charyn Canyon Kazakhstan

View attachment 71303
Miliatary Road in Georgia heading to Russian Border
View attachment 71305
Lake Wild Camp Azerbaijan
Physically sick with envy. Great photos

Reactions: Polaris Overland