Launch Member

Influencer II

Kent UK
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

HUBB is on 15-16 June at Baskerville Hall, Hay on Wye HR3 5LE and is primarily for 2 wheel travel.

Adventure Overland show is 23-24 Sept at Stratford upon Avon race track been to this in the past lots of stuff for 4 wheelers and has plenty of camping space groups and clubs can get together in own area.

LRO International Show is 16-17 Sept in Peterborough, Adventure overland show will have camp space from the monday night for any one wanting to go straight from LRO and chill for a few days.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

HUBB is on 15-16 June at Baskerville Hall, Hay on Wye HR3 5LE and is primarily for 2 wheel travel.

Adventure Overland show is 23-24 Sept at Stratford upon Avon race track been to this in the past lots of stuff for 4 wheelers and has plenty of camping space groups and clubs can get together in own area.

LRO International Show is 16-17 Sept in Peterborough, Adventure overland show will have camp space from the monday night for any one wanting to go straight from LRO and chill for a few days.
Fair comment about HUBB, although I've been there the last couple of times it's been in the UK and there have been a good number of 4x4's, camper trailers and trucks. The seminars are great and it's a good opportunity to share experiences whatever mode of transport you choose for traveling. There are usually a few companies in attendance that sell mainly gear for overland travel (tents, cooking gear, dual battery systems, storage, lighting, sleeping gear... not generally things like suspension and winches or bumpers etc). Think of it as a event for people that like overland travel rather than a 4x4 show.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Mike King

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kent UK
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

agree HUBB looks to be an interesting meet and no doubt looking at the speakers and companies would be a source of a lot of good information, I could easily spend a week end in such company. How ever personally my days of riding 2 wheels in the rough have now passed although I still ride but keep to metalled roads. I think that at the moment the UK Overland Bound crew are biased towards 4 wheels maybe in time more 2 wheelers will join us which would be good for all of us after all when we progress or is it regress to 4 wheels we tend to carry a lot more and forget how to travel light.

Reactions: Tim

Mike King

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kent UK
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

Not sure which ones I can get to as I have too many date clashes with my wife's diary. Right now Billing looks like only one that does not clash.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

Few pics from scotland. Bizarrely, non of my Land rover. We had just had our dog and so our focus was on her, including getting her used to us and the kids. Plus taking her out for lots of walks to the beach and into the mountains.

IMG_2093.jpg IMG_2097.JPG IMG_1343.JPG IMG_2060.JPG IMG_1982.JPG IMG_2066.JPG

As for shows. I can do the overland show in warwick and probably the LRO show as well.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Figure this might be the thread to say hello! American living near Oxford for a few years, 2017 JKU will be in country come July (Build thread soon, still working on the dream sheet) when I get back from a tasking in Cyprus! Hope to meet at least a few of you, don't mind driving have been up to Scotland three times in a shitty Mazda already a return trip to welcome the Jeep to the UK will happen for sure, need to hit Snowdonia as well.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Figure this might be the thread to say hello! American living near Oxford for a few years, 2017 JKU will be in country come July (Build thread soon, still working on the dream sheet) when I get back from a tasking in Cyprus! Hope to meet at least a few of you, don't mind driving have been up to Scotland three times in a shitty Mazda already a return trip to welcome the Jeep to the UK will happen for sure, need to hit Snowdonia as well.
Well if you decide to head South to Devon you could meet the current most Southern UK member. How about that for your bucket list???