Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Indeed not overly far away, almost just over the boarder lol

I've seen another post in the Europe forum that there is something happening near Buxton in mid January, but bit soon to make any plans for it (as I'll be Banbury the week after)

Perhaps look at dates to see when people are likely to pop somewhere roughly central to every one

Sent from my SM-G920F using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rhyl, Denbighshire, Wales, United Kingdom
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

Has anybody had any thoughts about meeting up?
I'm booking some shows over the next week or so -
Billing @ Kelmarsh
LRO Show @ Peterborough
Adventure Overland Show @ Warwickshire

Any of you guys heading to these?

Mike King

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kent UK
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

Few of us are hoping to meet up at Donnington 4 x 4 show on the 19th watch the thread in Europe

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

I am up for a meet and donnington is just along the road from me. Unfortunately I will be in Scotland on 19th for a weeks break in a log cabin. Could do the overland show in Warwickshire

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

I did create another thread for UK shows perhaps pop in some details of others like the Warwickshire one you just mentioned (didn't know there was one there ;) )

Kevin
OB:# 2923
Committee Admin - Norfolk Overland Explorers
Norfolk, UK

Land Rover Discovery 1 300tdi Aviemore Edition
Radio Callsign: M6EMT / 2E0LSR
Personal FB Blog: Hebridean Overlander
Twitter: Heb_Overlander

Mobile / OB Talk App

Mike King

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kent UK
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

I am up for a meet and donnington is just along the road from me. Unfortunately I will be in Scotland on 19th for a weeks break in a log cabin. Could do the overland show in Warwickshire
Berty, do you have a fetish for cold places what with camping in the snow and now even further north in a wooden cabin.

Reactions: Disco_Berty

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

Best time to go [emoji1] I'm heading up overnight this evening to Scotlands North West Coast weather seems to be improving slightly with wind dropping on the mountains so heading up for 5 nights camping.

Mike King

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kent UK
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

Best time to go [emoji1] I'm heading up overnight this evening to Scotlands North West Coast weather seems to be improving slightly with wind dropping on the mountains so heading up for 5 nights camping.
Agreed Scotland is stunningly beautiful when the sun shines but "Doris" her of the sat nav goes into alarm condition as I approach the 52nd parallel between 1 Oct and 1 May but always goes into happy holiday mode as we approach the 43rd parallel, and my father hails from sakatoon where it will be minus 14c tonight quite warm considering it was minus 30c couple of weeks ago so we used to the cold. Enjoy your hols and bring back some pics.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I haven't been to Scotland for many years. it's a shame there are so many Scottish people there. It kinda ruins it. ha ha ha only joking. living in the sunny South West means that visiting anywhere involves a lengthy drive. I fancy going back to the lake district too but again it means a good 8-10 hour drive. I think the cost of fuel would be more expensive than jumping on to a ferry to France. this in itself isn't a bad idea but unfortunately there are far too many French people there. ha ha only joking (again)

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

I don't mind the long haul I mix it up sometimes I will stage and take the longer scenic route and others like this one I leave at night that is if they haven't closed the roads for maintenance. I also hate paying inflated service station prices so try to calculate what towns to pull into for cheaper fuel

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I never stop at Service stations ever! there's no way I'd pay their hugely inflated prices. I have to pay enough for fuel purely because of the poor fuel consumption of my 90. If it wasn't for the cost I'd drive longer distances. the driving doesn't bother me in the slightest. it's only the cost that stops me from doing so.

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

Berty, do you have a fetish for cold places what with camping in the snow and now even further north in a wooden cabin.
Definitely a fetish for cold places. Storm boris hit when we were in Scotland for xmas and storm Doris has just passed us by. Cold and wet, but still beautiful. Have some pics which will upload when I get home. We picked up a 10 month old St Bernard bitch called noodles on the Thursday before we came. She is a rescue dog. I can't believe how well she has fitted into the family. She is very gentle, very caring and great with all my kids. Only issue is her strength when she wants to go and see someone on the other side of the road, I don't much say in it. A bit more training required,but her previous owners did a really good job with her.

It has been snowing here which adds to the beauty. Just a shame there is no real off road tracks we can do. Still I love the place.

Mike King

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kent UK
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

Hey Bertie
Glad you had a good time up there look forward to the photies, I assume that Noodles will have a brandy barrel ready for next years Snow Fest, and that she will be keeping you warm, with her pulling you my advice would be take charge of your front door and never all back cos you will loose pull her side ways should make her turn a bit and she will loose balance for a moment so you can regain control.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hi All,
I'll be at HUBB UK in June and then the Adventure Overland show in September. Be good to meet up.

Was at Donington too but only just picked up this thread [emoji30]

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk