Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

Looking at planning a run of this route, thinking 2 days maybe 3. Want to do it when the wildflowers come out so March sometime.

Probably camp at either Oxford Ranch or the one on the Llano River. Family friendly. I've got my travel trailer that I'll be towing and this will be its first boondocking type trip. I may take it to a campsite and drop it off to do the route without it, or I may tow it with me.

Anyway, wanted to see if there was interest.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
We have one set up for April 6. Everyone's welcome.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

We have one set up for April 6. Everyone's welcome.

The traffic from the eclipse could be really bad. I saw something stating Fredricksburg was expecting up to 500K people. Insane.

• Wow
Reactions: Sparksalot

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The traffic from the eclipse could be really bad. I saw something stating Fredricksburg was expecting up to 500K people. Insane.
That's crazy. We normally don't make it all the way to Fredericksburg anyway. So, we may just stop after the James River crossing at Cherry Spring, where people can take Hiway 87 north back to where they need to go.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

That's crazy. We normally don't make it all the way to Fredericksburg anyway. So, we may just stop after the James River crossing at Cherry Spring, where people can take Hiway 87 north back to where they need to go.
I read an article from Llano, that the city is advising locals to stock up on food as they are expecting so many people that the local stores will be picked clean. I think I will find somewhere to go camp and hide out for the eclipse.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I read an article from Llano, that the city is advising locals to stock up on food as they are expecting so many people that the local stores will be picked clean. I think I will find somewhere to go camp and hide out for the eclipse.
Won't camp this trip, but sometime after.

We're staying home and watching from the back deck with a nice drink.