Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

RedBeard303

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lincoln, NE
Member #

We will be at the Tuttle Creek Staging Area around 11am on Friday if we leave at 9am from Lincoln and we will have to update on camping if anyone is interested in that. Last I heard the campground below the dam is closed still, but I'll call next week when they open to get the details. I just saw that they have a shooting range too. Tempting... (but not a lot since ammo is not easy to come by). I guess T. Stanley, if you live close maybe you have better intel on the camping situation around the lake. I don't think we can camp in the ORV area, although it would be nice.

Reactions: freedomomelet

JK_pix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

I live in Lincoln and would like to join in. Here is the thing, I changed vehicles and don’t yet have a rack to mount my rtt. So I would be able to join in just for the wheeling and not camping. Ill go ahead and rsvp but let me know if that is only required for camping with the group. #RedBeard303 where about in Lincoln are you leaving from, Id join if that works?

We will be at the Tuttle Creek Staging Area around 11am on Friday if we leave at 9am from Lincoln and we will have to update on camping if anyone is interested in that. Last I heard the campground below the dam is closed still, but I'll call next week when they open to get the details. I just saw that they have a shooting range too. Tempting... (but not a lot since ammo is not easy to come by). I guess T. Stanley, if you live close maybe you have better intel on the camping situation around the lake. I don't think we can camp in the ORV area, although it would be nice.

Reactions: freedomomelet

RedBeard303

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lincoln, NE
Member #

I live in Lincoln and would like to join in. Here is the thing, I changed vehicles and don’t yet have a rack to mount my rtt. So I would be able to join in just for the wheeling and not camping. Ill go ahead and rsvp but let me know if that is only required for camping with the group. #RedBeard303 where about in Lincoln are you leaving from, Id join if that works?

You don't need a rtt so no worries. I don't have one, ill be using a good ol' ground tent! We will meet at shoemaker truck stop on West O. There will be a silver 4runner and dark Grey Tacoma for sure and probably a dark grey jk.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

The last I knew the campground was still closed due to construction, I can check that out on Monday to verify for sure and post an update.

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Awesome guys! Looks like we have our group. Thanks @RedBeard303 and @FlightBenja for assistance!

@T. Stanley let us know what you find out Monday for camp spots. Fancy Creek area may be good?? Not sure but it is closest to the ORV.

@JK_pix , great to have you too and see you in Lincoln at Shoemakers

@jwalla, heckuva drive man and hope you can make it. We will all owe you a trip up to the Black Hills soon after this now.... :D

@Neal A. Tew : @FlightBenja shoutout thanks for finding that the OB app wont let you RSVP to rally points, I think its been updated now.

Let me know if there are other questions. See you soon guys.
Thanks

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
FYI - I rode my WR250R around Fancy Creek yesterday and it seemed to be open. The map at the kiosk will show you were the designated primitive camp areas are. Don't forget that all Kansas State Parks require a vehicle permit, which you can purchase at the entry kiosk.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Well I waited until around 2 pm for the folks at the Tuttle Creek State Park office to call me back, they never called so I tried calling them and never did get anyone. their office closed at 4:30pm and since I never got anyone on the phone I hopped into my truck and drove out to the park. @KonzaLander was correct, it appears the campground is open and you just have to pay at the kiosk OR they had a sign on one of the camping spots for an app,( link below for iPhone users, google search for the app if you are an android user) that you can use to reserve a spot for the night. I took a little video to show what the spots look like.
Video Of Fancy Creek Camping Spots

One thing I read on the app, you can have 2 vehicles at each camping spot, and it looks like they want $19 per night for spots with electricity, I will be checking on the price for spots without electricity. so if you guys wanted to we could split the fee so each guy would pay $5 vehicle fee and split whatever the fee is for a camping spot to share. they have fire rings so we could build a campfire. my guess is there wont be many campers out there yet so we should be good. Or if you would rather not share a spot and want to get your own spot by all means go for it. I did see another phone number in the app I am going to try tomorrow to ask about the price of a camping spot without electricity as I would not use their power.

CampIt App

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Thanks Tim for going out to check. I couldn't get ahold of anyone either when I called. Both Monday and yesterday.

Sounds like we should be good to go on spots by showing and paying per site. We can share spots; no issue there with me. I'm sure we can find a few spots next to each other and "share" between the 3 spots or so by making 1 base camp. Spots are close enough to walk around. Plan on bringing cash to split up monies for spots.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew