Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Has anyone else been drooling over the Turtleback Trailers like I have?
I got the chance to look at them during Expo West and was really impressed with the quality and features. Not to mention it would be so nice to simply hitch-up and go without loading up all that gear...

We sold our house and are now living in our renovated (and paid for) 5th wheel camper which has freed up funds for more adventures. Our family has been through some rough times lately and we're ready to simplify and enjoy life for a while. The wife has given the thumbs up to order a Turtleback for the spring but I'm trying to be frugal and save pennies... heck of a dilemma, right? At least it seems that the resale value on these trailers is pretty strong, as well as the demand. Someone talk me out of it... ;)

Reactions: RescueRangers

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I stick to the others, maybe I would just speed things up. Why wait till christmas?

Greetings from Robert

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Has anyone else been drooling over the Turtleback Trailers like I have?
I got the chance to look at them during Expo West and was really impressed with the quality and features. Not to mention it would be so nice to simply hitch-up and go without loading up all that gear...

We sold our house and are now living in our renovated (and paid for) 5th wheel camper which has freed up funds for more adventures. Our family has been through some rough times lately and we're ready to simplify and enjoy life for a while. The wife has given the thumbs up to order a Turtleback for the spring but I'm trying to be frugal and save pennies... heck of a dilemma, right? At least it seems that the resale value on these trailers is pretty strong, as well as the demand. Someone talk me out of it... ;)
1. No one in this particular group, will ever...ever..."talk you out of it." Not here. No way. No how.

2. @jginca has an awesome trailer I got a good look at. I'm sure he could be an even better enabler than many of us who'd just pump our fists, chanting "get it! get it!"

...and I mean enabler as in "can help you with what to look for because he has one."

Reactions: stoney126

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

The build sheet is submitted for quote. I also sent a long list of questions to Dave (Owner of Turtleback Trailers) and got a full response within an hour! We will be setting up a phone call to discuss the details soon. Current projected lead time is end of January at this point. Things are progressing...

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Looking forward to seeing this guy get built up! You know you'll have to post an excessive quantity of photos, right? ;)

Reactions: murps

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

The build sheet is submitted for quote. I also sent a long list of questions to Dave (Owner of Turtleback Trailers) and got a full response within an hour! We will be setting up a phone call to discuss the details soon. Current projected lead time is end of January at this point. Things are progressing...
Not sure if this is something Turtleback do, but can they send progress photos as the build takes shape?

Reactions: stoney126

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@Steve @dmurph1996 All the Turtleback threads I came across during my research have had build progress pictures with them. Dave seems to be big on feeding the social media machine ;) I'll definitely keep you posted!

I'll also post the final build sheet when we settle on some selections.

Reactions: murps

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I went through their order sheet, and had to sell a kidney by the time I got done. :) I'd have to go through a serious weight watching program with gear with that trailer behind my Outback. Tow rating is 2800 pounds, and tongue weight limit is 175 pounds, if I recall correctly. Of course I exceeded that tongue weight with my cantilevered load on the way to Seattle, hence my CV failure...

::heads to auto trader to search for 2013 LR4::

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

=::heads to auto trader to search for 2013 LR4::
@Steve Go for it!

@roamingtimber We are super excited! It wouldn't be a possibility if we hadn't shifted our lifestyle... we traded our 2000 sq ft home for a 400 sq ft camper so we could be mobile and afford to go on more adventures. Nothing like a week in a tent to make a camper feel like a mansion! ;)

P.S. Full story on our blog! (link in my sig.)

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I seen one of them at the east coast show a little while ago and I really fell in love with it. My wife gave me about 5 minutes of drool time and dragged me away for fear of my next question. lol