Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

Well we have been MIA for a while...

sold our jeep in June of 2018 and moved to 3rd gen Taco.

2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road.
Extended cab long bed.

we plan to keep it stock-ish as we are going to use every bit of warranty we can.
Installed cooper 255/85/16's on it with in the first 200 miles so we could Fit 33's on it. - so far been extremely happy with their performance in summer and winter roads here in MI.

Current mods:
33" inch tires
Grill mounted LED bar
ARB onboard air

Plans for:
Under armor - Full body skids and sliders. ( also requires exhaust reroute)
Re gearing - in future
Hidden winch mount
dual battery set up and Spod for electronic
Air locker for the front

and prolly more as time goes.....

we plan to keep the truck mobile.. and now have a off road camper for all the stuff... follow that build here.

5.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Reactions: JCWages and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Well we have been MIA for a while...

sold our jeep in June of 2018 and moved to 3rd gen Taco.

2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road.
Extended cab long bed.

we plan to keep it stock-ish as we are going to use every bit of warranty we can.
Installed cooper 255/85/16's on it with in the first 200 miles so we could Fit 33's on it. - so far been extremely happy with their performance in summer and winter roads here in MI.

Current mods:
33" inch tires
Grill mounted LED bar
ARB onboard air

Plans for:
Under armor - Full body skids and sliders. ( also requires exhaust reroute)
Re gearing - in future
Hidden winch mount
dual battery set up and Spod for electronic
Air locker for the front

and prolly more as time goes.....

we plan to keep the truck mobile.. and now have a off road camper for all the stuff... follow that build here.

View attachment 136244
View attachment 136247
View attachment 136250
Welcome to the dark side.....great looking Tacoma and trailer.

Turbo Tara & Jalopy Jake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

Well been a while again... did a few U.P. of Michigan trips and local camps this year..

Currently gearing up to head west for the first time. In many many years.. CO here we come.

Did a few improvements to the rig.

Dobinsons 2” lift and SPC UCA’s -from mainline overland

And alignment by my local 4x4 shop.

Oil change and other small services. Also setting up the OBD fusion app so I can monitor the vitals while towing .
And got realigns

Attachments

Reactions: kwill

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
your DCLB Taco is lookin good so far. I am interested to hear if you had any problems with the 255s prior to the lift kit, and for that matter I will be quite interested in hearing how ye liked the dobbins lift once you have used it for a while. other than paint color, I have the same model truck you do, so I will be interested in seeing how things work on your truck.

I was looking for a 3" lift kit with plans on mounting 255/85s as well though I have my eye on BFG KM3s it is just not in the budget til after I have a full set of skids and a winch bumper unless I loose a tire or two

Turbo Tara & Jalopy Jake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

your DCLB Taco is lookin good so far. I am interested to hear if you had any problems with the 255s prior to the lift kit, and for that matter I will be quite interested in hearing how ye liked the dobbins lift once you have used it for a while. other than paint color, I have the same model truck you do, so I will be interested in seeing how things work on your truck.

I was looking for a 3" lift kit with plans on mounting 255/85s as well though I have my eye on BFG KM3s it is just not in the budget til after I have a full set of skids and a winch bumper unless I loose a tire or two

Matt,

We have had the 255’s on since 200 miles. They fit fine on factory wheels with out any lift or cab mount notch. We have put it in full compression and full lock and never rubbed.

The lift is great we did it for the heavy duty rear leafs. I recommend getting UCA the SPC units. We are really going to test it on our CO trip hauling our trailer.

Skies and sliders will come soon, we don’t have rocks and much to worry about here in MI but we will be careful out west for now.

• Love
Reactions: MattLew