Truck Bed Kitchen

• HTML tutorial

EP34FR

Rank I

Traveler I

Any pics or product links for truck bed kitchens?

Looking for something somewhat low-profile to fit into a pickup truck bed with a tonneau cover. Preferably something that could be removable, and that would wither pull or swing out far enough so that the tailgate wouldn't be in the way.

Most everything I see out there is fairly tall, meant to fit in the back of a Jeep or SUV.

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Email Drifta and get with Luke or Scott great guys and they will work with you on the shipping. They use DHL and it will be pricy but the product is worth it.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
This fits under my bed cover and it works off the tailgate on the poles. I built it as a scout 25 years ago, its held up pretty good so far90FEBB80-E534-4BF8-A014-653C03DDB422.jpeg389E75AB-95D9-47E6-A614-21A8CE71C601.jpeg

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thanks for the suggestions. I drew up plans to make my own version of a Drifta DPOR. I'll let ya know how it turns out.
I’d be interested to see what you work out. Looking to do a similar thing for my Tacoma, under a tonneau. Maybe half of the bed that can slide out for the kitchen, and pull out when not camping. I’ve thought about using 80/20 as it’s like a big LEGO or erector set, and it’s lighter than wood. First photo is inspiration and the second photo my engineer friend just laughed at. :)46D8D107-651B-4DFA-B607-3DB379B163F3.jpeg9CBAA60C-68B1-43DC-8916-64FAA53B727E.jpeg

Reactions: blebars and Threads

vdeal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Any suggestions for a kitchen kit for an open bed truck setup? I like the looks of the King Charles Chuck Box from Trail Kitchens but don't know if it's waterproof.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I’ve thought about taking my drawer version and adding an external box (for those who don’t use a tonneau cover) that would make it more weather resistant
B20AE250-38FE-4979-A7B2-DBD1985B10B0.jpeg